Knows more about white water rafting rapids classes, so you able to understand and know which type of river that fit your liking and your ability on Bali rafting trips. Rafting trips are an extremely challenging type of adventure, using a rubber boat that can be inflatable. Besides using an inflatable raft, all members that would like to make rafting trips should use the life jacket and helmet.
Whitewater rafting becomes better known as leisure water sport since the 1970s. Rafting can be a leisure water sport in Bali, for a beginner. Choose II-IV rapids class more than that it will be dangerous for a beginner. For professional rafter will look for an extreme river, from class IV-V.
Six Grades Of White Water Rafting Rapids Classes
- Grade 1 rapids class: Required basic skill level. Tiny Rapids and less maneuvering need it.
- Grade 2 rapids class: Need necessary skill of paddling, there will be some big rock on a particular part of the river; it required maneuvering in specific areas.
- Grade 3 rapids class: Need experience paddling skill, few small waves; there are rock and drop but small. However, you do not need to be an expert to do rafting in this class if you do it with a professional guide. This class is not considering as dangerous.
- Grade 4 rapids class: Whitewater, Few medium waves, will occur, few big rocks, drop still considerable, required sharp maneuvers. If you a beginner on rafting activities, then you should not go along. An experienced rafting guide should be accompanied you.
- Grade 5 rapids class: Large rocks, a giant wave, large drop, precise maneuvering is exceedingly required, need very advanced skill on whitewater.
- Grade 6 rapids class: This class is the highest class on the white water rafting rapids classification. Very dangerous and should not try if you are not a pro. This class can be considered by most people not navigable and not safe. Rafting company will not do rafting on six rapids class. Enormous rock and high hazard, a significant drop. Individuals who survive this level can be considered a matter of great luck and as a suicidal adventure.
Bali Rivers Whitewater Rapid Classification System
Bali Rivers whitewater rapids classification range between 2 – 4 classes. More than that, the company provider will cancel the rafting trips. Also, River in Bali as several rapids classes and below are the top three rivers rafting in Bali:
- Ayung River Ubud (Grade 2-3), very suitable for a beginner.
- Melangit River Klungkung (Grade 4), very suitable for those who have done rafting twice and would like to get more adrenalin pump, still consider as Safe River for white water rafting.
- Telaga Waja River Karangasem (Grade 3-4), very suitable for beginner and for those who seek more thrills.