Rafting trips are an extremely challenging type of adventure, using rubber boat that can be inflatable. Besides using an inflatable raft, all members that would like to make rafting trips should use the life jacket and helmet.
White water rafting becomes better known as leisure water sport since 1970’s. Rafting can be a leisure water sport in Bali, for a beginner.
Choose II-IV rapids class more than that it will be dangerous for a beginner. For professional rafter will look for an extreme river, from class IV-V.
Six Grades Of White Water Rafting Rapids Classes
- Grade 1 rapids class: Required basic skill level. Tiny Rapids and less maneuvering need it.
- Grade 2 rapids class: Need basic skill of paddling, there will be some big rock on particular part of the river; it is required maneuvering in specific areas.
- Grade 3 rapids class: Need experience paddling skill, few small waves; there are rock and drop but small. However, you do not need to be an expert to do rafting in this class if you do it with a professional guide. This class is not considering as dangerous.
- Grade 4 rapids class: Whitewater, Few medium wave, will occur, few big rock, drop still considerable, required sharp maneuvers. If you a beginner on rafting activities, then you should not go along. An experienced rafting guide should be accompanied you.
- Grade 5 rapids class: Large rocks, a giant wave, large drop, precise maneuvering is extremely required, need very advanced skill on whitewater.
- Grade 6 rapids class: This class is the highest class on the white water rafting rapids classes. Very dangerous and should not be tried if you are not a pro. This class can be considering to most people not navigable and not safe. Rafting company will not do rafting on six rapids class. Huge rock and high hazard, a significant drop. Individuals who survive this level can be considering a matter of great luck and as a suicidal adventure.
Bali Rivers Rafting Rapids Classes
Bali Rivers white water rafting rapids classes between 2-4 classes. More than that, the company provider will cancel the rafting trips. Also, River in Bali as several rapids classes and below are the top three rivers rafting in Bali:
- Ayung River Ubud (Grade 2-3), very suitable for a beginner.
- Melangit River Klungkung (Grade 4), very suitable for those who have done rafting twice and would like to get more adrenalin pump, still consider as Safe River for white water rafting.
- Telaga Waja River Karangasem (Grade 3-4), very suitable for beginner and for those who seek more thrills.