Are you interested in having a vacation to Ubud Monkey Forest Bali? I’m sure you answered yes! Therefore, please continue reading this page because you will find information about the attractions of Ubud monkey forest. The real name of the Ubud monkey forest is Mandala Wisata Wenara Wana, commonly called the Sacred Monkey Forest Sanctuary.
Bahasa Indonesia, Panduan Liburan Ke Monkey Forest Di Ubud Bali.
Furthermore, if you are on holiday in Bali, Monkey Forest is a must-see tourist attraction in Bali. Not only can you see the monkey in this forest, but you also will see the Balinese Hindu temple.
What kind of monkeys are in the Monkey Forest in Ubud? The type of primate you see on Sacred Monkey Forest Padangtegal is the long-tailed macaque. Find out more detail about long-tailed macaques by clicking the link above.
Holiday Guides To Monkey Forest Ubud
Information on holiday guides to Monkey Forest in Ubud tourist attractions that you will get such as;
- What’s in Ubud Bali?
- The main attraction.
- The location.
- Holidays transportation guide in Ubud.
- Entrance fee.
- Vehicle parking fees.
- Opening hours.
- Dress code.
- Vacation guide.
Read More On the 8 Best Free Things To Do In Ubud Bali If You Are On A Budget.
What’s in Ubud Bali?
Ubud Bali, as a tourist attraction, is famous worldwide because Ubud offers a variety of exciting things to do and great things to see for tourists. Most travelers know Ubud is the best place in Bali if you look for Balinese art performances and exhibitions, essential nature, Balinese culture, and outdoor adventure such as Bali river rafting at Ayung river rafting Ubud.
Then what are the top attractions and holiday activities in Ubud Bali, favorite among travelers? The following are tourist attractions and holiday activities in Ubud Bali that visitors love.
- Holiday to Tegalalang rice terrace.
- Vacation to Ubud art museum.
- Watch the Ubud Kecak dance.
- Visit the Taman Saraswati temple Ubud.
- Bali river rafting.
- Vacation to Ubud royal palace.
- Holidays to the Monkey Forest in Ubud.
- Try the Bali Swing Ubud activity.
One of Bali’s most popular tourist attractions that get many visits to the traveler is the sacred monkey forest sanctuary. Even though you have never visited Sacred Monkey Forest Sanctuary, from its name, you can guess that you can see a monkey at this tourist attraction.
The Monkey Forest Ubud Attraction
Sacred monkey forest sanctuary is a Balinese Hindu temple complex located on the preserved forest. Now the forest is populated with 605 monkeys (Long-Tailed Macaques).
As a tourist attraction in Bali, Monkey Forest is mainly listed as Ubud Bali’s thing to do. Especially tourists from India, Singapore, Malaysia, Taiwan, Hongkong, Europe, Australia, and China.
Due to its being very iconic and representing the impression of Ubud tourist attraction as a whole. Also, Monkey Forest is one of the preserved green areas in Bali. While inside the forest area is a sacred Balinese Hindu temple called Pura Dalem Agung Padangtegal.
When you enter the area of monkey forest Bali, fresh air is immediately felt. Also, you will see towering green trees appear from the parking area. Before coming to the entrance gate, you will see the entrance ticket counter. You will pay for the entrance ticket to the Sacred Monkey Forest Sanctuary at the entrance counter.
Ubud Monkey Forest Location
Where is the location of the Sacred Monkey Forest Sanctuary in Bali? Ubud Monkey Forest is located at Jalan Wenara Wana, Ubud, Bali 80571.
To create more comfortable for you to find the exact location of Sacred Monkey Forest Sanctuary on Google Maps, please click the link!
Distance & Travel Time
Knowing the travel time and travel distance while on vacation on the island of Bali will help you make a practical holiday travel schedule to Bali. Here are some examples of the time and space to get to Ubud monkey forest from several famous tourist attractions in Bali.
- Suppose you depart from Ngurah Rai international airport to the Ubud Sacred Monkey Forest Sanctuary location. In that case, it will take around 1 hour and 15 minutes, with a distance of about 36 kilometers.
- If you depart from the Bali Zoo location, heading to the Monkey Forest Ubud will take 30 minutes, with an estimated distance of 12 kilometers.
- Suppose you stay at one of the hotels near Kuta Beach Bali or the Seminyak area to get to the Sacred Monkey Forest Sanctuary location. In that case, it will cover a travel distance of approximately 43 kilometers, with an estimated travel time of 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- If you depart from the Penglipuran village area, going to the monkey forest, Ubud location will take 1 hour with a distance of 32 kilometers.
- Let’s say you depart from Bali Bird Park; heading to Sacred Monkey Forest Sanctuary in Ubud will require 35 minutes of travel with an 11-kilometer distance.
Read More On The Ubud Art Market – Place To Buy Bali Souvenir.
How To Get There
Suppose you are having a vacation to Bali island for the first time. In that case, you will inquire about vacation transportation on Bali’s island. There are many ways of transport that you can choose for a vacation to Ubud Bali monkey forest, namely:
- Looking for car rental services in Bali with a driver.
- Ride a motorcycle by renting a motorbike in Bali.
- Drive your car by looking for Bali rental car services.
- Get tour packages to Ubud’s monkey forest.
- Get a taxi meter.
- If you stay in central Ubud, you can use the free shuttle provided by Ubud’s monkey forest.
Bali Car Rental With Driver
Finding a Bali car rental with a driver is very easy, mainly if you stay in the tourist area of South Bali and the tourist area of Ubud. All you require to accomplish is to use a search engine like Google. So on the Google page, you will discover many Bali car rental providers with drivers.
The cost for a car rental in Bali with a driver relies on the type of automobile you desire to utilize. For example, the price for renting a Toyota Avanza in Bali with a driver is IDR 350,000 / 12 hours without fuel.
The rental price will be higher if you want to use the Toyota Innova Reborn, which is more comfortable than the Toyota Avanza. The rental price of a Toyota Innova Reborn in Bali with a driver, including fuel, is around Rp. 800,000 / 12 hours.
Renting a Motorcycle
In Bali, it is straightforward for tourists to find motorbike rental providers. The best way to encounter a scooter hire provider in Bali is to use Google.
The expense of scooter hire in Bali depends on the scooter classification and the year of motorbike assembly; the newer the scooter, the higher the rental cost.
Bali’s average motorbike rental price ranges from IDR 100.000 – IDR 300.000 / 24 hours without fuel.
Rent a Car Without a Driver
Some tourists choose to drive their vehicle without using the services of a driver.
Furthermore, finding a Bali rental car service without a driver is tricky because only car rental service providers in Bali provide car rental services without a driver.
The way to find rental car services in Bali without a driver is to use Google. In addition, the average car rental price in Bali without a driver is around IDR 250.000 / per 24 hours.
Tour Packages To Ubud’s Monkey Forest
For Bali tour packages, it will not be difficult for you to find cheap tour package service providers in Bali that schedule vacation packages by visiting monkey forest attractions. The best way to find a tour package service provider to Ubud Monkey Forest Bali is to use Google.
Every traveler vacationing in Bali has different holiday criteria and vacation budgets. Then, from all the vacation transportation options in Bali above, which one is the best for me to use? For the best holiday transportation in Bali, only you can decide.
Ubud Monkey Forest Entrance Fee
Is there an entrance fee that every visitor must pay to enter the Sacred Monkey Forest Sanctuary? If there is, how much is the ubud monkey forest entrance fee?
You will pay an entrance ticket fee to visit the monkey forest in Ubud. Below is the entry fee.
|Kid (3 - 12 years old)||IDR 60,000/person|
Vehicle Parking Fees
|Vehicle Type||First Hour||Next Hour|
|Motorcycle||IDR 2,000||IDR 1,000|
|Car||IDR 5,000||IDR 2,000|
|Microbus <20 Seat||IDR 10,000||IDR 5,000|
|Bus >20 Seat||IDR 15,000||IDR 7,000|
Opening Hours & Best Time To Visit
Opening hours of monkey forest attractions are from 09:00 – 17:00 Bali time, ticket counter close at 16:30. The best time to visit the Sacred Monkey Forest Sanctuary is 2:00 p.m.
Because most of the monkeys were full, getting food from the Sacred Monkey Forest Sanctuary staff. Therefore, make the aggressive nature of the monkey is slightly reduced.
How long do I need at Monkey Forest Ubud? During my visit, I spent around 1 hour and 45 minutes at Ubud Monkey forest. Furthermore, there are numerous toilets around the forest.
Monkey Forest Ubud Dress Code
What to wear to monkey forest Ubud? Is there any specific dress code to wear?
There is no particular dress code needed when you want to visit Monkey Forest Ubud. However, this place is a sanctuary overflowing with Balinese Hindu temples. Therefore, be courteous with Balinese culture to wear appropriate clothing, such as a t-shirt and pants.
Balinese Hindu Temple Dress Code
When traveling in Bali, especially if you decide to visit a place with a Hindu temple, please be careful with your dress code. Otherwise, you cannot enter the Hindu temple site you want to see.
Most Balinese Hindu temple attractions in Bali, on their entrance gate, will provide Sarong and scarf rentals for the visitor. If you do not want to rent it, you can buy it at a local handicraft store for IDR 50.000 for one Sarong.
As I mentioned above, there is a Hindu temple at Ubud monkey forest called Pura Dalem Agung Padangtegal. While a daily basis, the Pura Dalem Agung Padangtegal is closed to the public. However, Pura Dalem Agung Padangtegal will open for prayer during the temple ceremony.
During the Pura Dalem Agung Padangtegal, I recommend you wear Sarong and a scarf tied to your waist. However, if there is no ceremony, you can wear a casual dress code to enter the monkey forest; please don’t access the inner temple area.
Read More On: List Of Best Things To Do In Ubud Bali.
Items you must bring
There are several items that you must bring when visiting Ubud monkey forest, and they are very few. Also, it’s a good idea to get the things you need. Storing it in your car or bag is a good idea if you don’t need it.
- Umbrella. Ubud Monkey Forest is an open area, so it’s a good idea to bring an umbrella.
Guidelines For Visiting Monkey Forest In Ubud
Is Monkey Forest Ubud safe to visit? Most visitors who vacation at Ubud Monkey forest are comfortable visiting. But some visitors have undesirably experienced when visiting Ubud Sacred Monkey Forest Sanctuary.
Some of you have heard or read that monkeys bit some visitors at Ubud Monkey Forest, and monkeys took visitor belonging. It can occur because of the negligence of tourists who do not obey the rules when visiting Sacred Monkey Forest Sanctuary Ubud.
For your information, plenty of guards in the monkey forest wear traditional Balinese outfits to ensure the visitor’s safety. Furthermore, this guard will help you if you have difficulty with the monkey.
Tips for Visiting Monkey Forest Bali
What things can you not do in Monkey Forest?
You should know several tips before visiting the Bali monkey forest to ensure an enjoyable holiday in Bali. The following is a guide and vacation tips for Ubud Monkey Forest. Also, what things can you not do in Monkey Forest?
- Put aside your valuable belonging that you don’t want to lose, such as earrings, necklaces, sunglasses, a scarf, and your smartphone. Since these items are very engaging, the monkey and the monkey will find a chance to take them from you.
- Don’t carry a plastic or paper bag, which will attract the monkey to grab it.
- So walk on the path, don’t cross or enter their territory. Therefore, If you pass the monkey area, the animal will think you are trying to trespass on the monkey place.
- Don’t hit or yell at the monkey; other monkeys will attack you. Try to be gentle with them, and then you will be okay.
- Don’t carry any food such as peanuts, bananas, or candy brad. If you accidentally take it, store it at the reception counter. The monkey knows you carry food even though you hide it inside the backpack. These will attract the monkey and try to pull your bag.
- Do not feed monkeys because the Sacred Monkey Forest Sanctuary provides monkey food. Inviting one or two monkeys with food will make other monkeys aggressive.
- The Sacred Monkey Forest Sanctuary area is a non-smoking area, and visitors are strictly forbidden to smoke in the Sacred Monkey Forest Sanctuary area.
- Baby monkeys do look cute, and sometimes we desire to touch them. It would be best if you did not do this because the parents of the baby monkey will be angry because they think you will hurt their child.
- Don’t run and stare into the eyes of male monkeys continuously.
- Also, always supervise your children inside the Sacred Monkey Forest Sanctuary area.
- When you get bitten by a monkey, it is good that you immediately ask for help from the nearest staff.
Other Place To Find Bali Monkey Forest
Besides the monkey forest in Ubud, the island of Bali also has other tourist attractions to be able to see monkeys (Long-Tailed Macaques), such as;
Hopefully, the information I wrote on this site is helpful for those of you who plan to vacation in Bali by visiting the Ubud Bali monkey forest. Also, if you have questions and suggestions, please leave them in the comment form below.