Are you planning a vacation by visiting the city of Denpasar? If so, you want to know the list of attractions in Denpasar Bali that are interesting to see. Apart from that, you also want to know the best way to get around Denpasar. So, on this page, I will write down a holiday guide to tourist attractions in Denpasar. Hopefully, you were helped and found answers to the best things to do in Denpasar on this page.
Bahasa Indonesia, Tempat Wisata Di Denpasar.
Table of Contents[Hide][Show]
What is Denpasar known for? Furthermore, Denpasar City is the capital of the province of Bali. Due to economic growth supported by Bali’s tourism, this capital city has become a business center on the island of Bali.
Denpasar City has a very dense population, so traffic jams on the highway are tough to avoid. As the capital of the island of Bali, the city of Denpasar has many tourist attractions that are worth your visit. Theren what are the best things to do in Denpasar and things to see in its surroundings?
Before I write about exciting and best things to do in Denpasar Bali that you should visit while on vacation to Bali. I should write a short history of Denpasar city.
Read More, 5 Favorite Restaurants In Denpasar Bali To Try Balinese Food.
Why is it called Denpasar?
Denpasar, what does it mean? The word Denpasar comes from two words: Den, which means north, and pasar means market. Therefore, Denpasar means an area on the north side of the market.
A Brief History of Denpasar City
The city area was formerly controlled by the Badung kingdom, established in the 19th century. The arrival of the Dutch colonial in Bali in the early 20th century to seize the power of the Badung kingdom made the battle inevitable between the Badung kingdom and the Dutch colonial. The conflict between the Dutch colonial again Badung Kingdom is better known as Puputan Badung.
Because the city of Denpasar was a former kingdom, there will be many places of historical heritage from the Badung kingdom. Like the tourist attractions of Hindu temples, whose locations are scattered in several areas. Then there is a museum that shows historical items and works of art. Additionally, visitors can also see historical monuments in the City area.
If you want to visit the temples in Denpasar, we suggest you bring a sarong and shawl because no one rents sarongs and shawls in most temples in Denpasar.
Read More, Most Popular Balinese Hindu Temples.
List of Best Things To Do In Denpasar & Things To See
Is Denpasar in Bali worth visiting? What are the best things to do and see in Denpasar Bali? The following is a list of exciting tourist attractions in Denpasar, Bali.
1. Bajra Sandhi Monument
In the Denpasar City central area, there is a vast field, and the local people call this field the Niti Mandala Renon or Lapangan Puputan Renon. The location of the Niti Mandala Renon is directly on the south side of the Bali Governor’s headquarters.
On the south side of Niti Mandala Renon Square is a monument called Bajra Sandhi. The monument’s size is enormous, with beautiful and unique architecture. In addition, most of the monuments use black natural stone.
If you look at the shape of the monument, you can see the profile of the Genta or Bajra used by Balinese Hindu priests when chanting mantras while praying at the temple.
Around the monument area, you will see a neatly arranged garden area with several trees. In addition, around the monument area, some footpaths for walking around the Niti Mandala Renon Square area.
When visitors enter the monument area, visitors will be able to see several ponds. Then inside the monument, there is a fountain with a spiral staircase right in the middle of the site. Visitors use the spiral staircase to go up to the second floor.
On the 2nd floor of the Bajra Sandhi monument, visitors can see paintings and 33 dioramas showing the struggle of the Balinese people during the war against the Dutch colonialists.
Holiday Guide to the Bajra Sandhi Monument – Denpasar Tourist Attractions
- Visitors will pay an entrance ticket to see the inside of the monument area. See Bajra Sandhi Monument Entrance Fee.
- In addition, the opening hours of the Bajra Sandhi Monument are Monday – Friday, 08:00 – 18:00, Saturday, 09:00 – 18:00, and Sunday, 10:00 – 18:00.
- The best time to visit the Bajra Sandhi Monument is around 15:30 – 18:00.
- However, visiting the Bajra Sandhi Monument in the afternoon, you will pace road traffic jams.
- Location map, Bajra Sandhi Monument Google Maps.
- Other exciting locations on the same route as the Bajra Sandhi Monument are the Bali Museum and Sanur Beach.
- Suitable for family holidays with children and one of the Instagrammable spots in Denpasar.
- Popular Posts On Instagram.
Find Out More, Bali ATV Ride In Ubud Price.
2. Art Centre Bali/Taman Werdhi Budaya
Furthermore, Taman Werdhi Budaya is the leading site for preserving Balinese art and culture. For local people, Taman Werdhi Budaya is better known as the Bali Art Center.
Every year from mid-June to July, the Art Center will hold a 1-month art and cultural festival known as PKB (Balinese Art Festival). Visitors can see various art performances occurring almost daily during the Balinese Art Festival without being charged an entrance fee. In addition, visitors will also be able to see art and crafts exhibitions from multiple regions.
Apart from being a location for preserving Balinese arts and culture, the Denpasar Art Center is sometimes utilized for music concerts.
On regular days without specific events, visitors can visit to see the garden area, as well as the architecture of the building.
Holiday Guide to Bali Art Center
- Visitors do not pay an entrance ticket to see the inside of the Taman Werdhi Budaya area.
- In addition, the opening hours of Taman Werdhi Budaya are Monday – Thursday, 08:00 – 14:00, while Friday – Sunday, it is open from 08:00 – 12:00.
- Find here complete information on holiday guides to Bali Art Center.
- The best time to visit the Art Centre Bali is during the Bali Art Festival which is on mid June to July..
- When you visit Taman Werdhi Budaya during the Bali Arts Festival, you will see happy traffic jams on the road.
- Location map, Werdhi Budaya Art Centre Denpasar Google Maps.
- Other exciting locations are in the same direction as the art center, such as the Bali Museum, Sanur Beach, and the Bajra Sandhi monument.
- Popular Posts On Instagram.
- Suitable for holiday spots if you like Balinese dance performances.
See Here, Visitor Guide On Ayung River Rafting.
3. Bali Museum Denpasar
Besides Ubud attractions, there are also museum attractions in the Denpasar area; the name is the State Museum of Bali Province, known as the Bali Museum.
The main attraction of the Bali Museum lies in the layout of the building. The architecture of the building is similar to the Balinese royal palace, with neatly arranged gardens, and inside the museum, there are unique relics.
Within the Bali Museum Denpasar area, there are three buildings or pavilions with names like the names of districts in Bali. Apart from that, there are art and prehistoric items inside each pavilion, such as farming tools, inscriptions, Puppets, paintings, and many other art items.
In the middle area of the museum, there is a building called the Buleleng Pavilion. Then on the north side, there is a Tabanan Pavilion building. Meanwhile, the third is a building close to Bale Kulkul called the Badung Pavilion.
Holiday Guide to the Bali Museum – Denpasar Tourist Attractions
- Visitors will pay an entrance ticket to be able to see the inside of the Bali Museum Denpasar area. See Bali Museum Denpasar Entrance Ticket Prices.
- In addition, the opening hours of the Bali Museum are Monday – Sunday from 07:30 – 15:30.
- Location map, State Museum of Bali Province Google Maps.
- The best time to visit the Bali Museum is in the morning when there are few visitors.
- Other exciting Denpasar attractions with locations in the same direction as the Bali Museum Denpasar. Such as Sanur Beach, the Art Center, and the Bajra Sandhi monument.
- Popular Posts On Instagram.
- Perfect for Instagram photo spots.
Find Out More, Guide On Joining Telaga Waja River Rafting.
4. Sanur Beach – Denpasar Tourist Attractions
Furthermore, Sanur beach is located on the east side of Denpasar city. As a tourist spot, Sanur beach is crowded with tourists visiting, both International travelers and Indonesian sightseers.
The main attraction of Sanur beach is the long stretch of white sand beach and calm seawater. Because Sanur’s coastlines have a long stretch of white sand, local people call each beach area by a different name. Such as Mertasari beach, Sunrise beach, Sindhu beach, Segara Ayu beach.
In addition, the sea waters of Sanur beach are very calm, so it is very safe and comfortable for children to swim. Also, in Sanur beach you can find water sports activities such as Banana Boat, Jet Ski and Snorkeling. If you want affordable price for Bali water sports, than you need to visit Tanjung Benoa beach.
Because the shoreline of Sanur faces east, making the Sanur beach area one of the best places in Bali to catch the sunrise.
Apart from being a tourist destination, in the area to the north of Pantai Matahari Terbit, Sanur, there is a fast boat port for visitors who want to visit Nusa Penida Island or Nusa Lembongan Island. So, if you’re going to vacation on the island of Nusa Penida or Nusa Lembongan Island, then one of the ports you need to go to is the port of Sanur, Bali.
See, Visitor Guide On How to Get Nusa Penida Island From Sanur Bali.
Vacation Guide To Sanur Beach Bali
- Visitors do not pay an entrance ticket to enter the Sanur beach area.
- The best time to visit Sanur beach is in the morning, before sunrise.
- Other exciting locations align with Sanur beach, such as the Art Center, Bali Museum, Big Garden Corner, and the Bajra Sandhi monument.
- Here is the complete information on a vacation guide to Sanur beach.
- Location map, Sanur Beach Google Maps.
- Suitable for holidays with family and children.
- Popular Posts On Instagram.
- One of the affordable tourist attractions in Denpasar because there are no entry tickets for visitors.
5. Mangrove Forest Denpasar
Next on the list of the best things to do and see in Denpasar is Mangrove Forest Park. Do you remember the G20 Summit and state leaders visiting Mangrove Forests in Bali? This is what I mean regarding Mangrove Forest Denpasar.
The Bali Mangrove Forest is one of the most extensive mangrove forests on the island of Bali. A stretch of mangrove forest from the southern coastline of Denpasar to the village of Pemogan. The area of the mangrove forest reaches 268 hectares.
Aside from being a conservation area, mangrove forests in Denpasar are also designated as a recreation spot. When tourists enter the Mangrove Forest area, they will pass through a wooden bridge. While walking on the wooden bridge, visitors can see the mangrove forest more clearly.
Vacation Guide To Mangrove Forest Denpasar
- Visitors will pay an entrance ticket to be able to see the inside of the Mangrove Forest area.
- Mangrove Forest’s opening hours are every day from 08:00 – 17:00.
- Location map, Mangrove Forest Denpasar Google Maps.
- The best time to visit the Mangrove Forest is in the morning when visitors are not busy.
- Other exciting locations align with the Mangrove Forest, such as Sanur Beach, Kuta Beach, Jimbaran Beach, and the Bajra Sandhi Monument.
- Popular Posts On Instagram.
- Perfect for Instagram photo locations.
Read More, List Of Best Things To Do In Kuta Bali.
6. Big Garden Corner Sanur
Adjacent to the Sanur harbor area, there is a Bali attraction that suitable for family vacations with children. The name of the site is Big Garden Corner Sanur.
The Big Garden Corner Sanur is a sculpture gallery specifically for stone sculpture. However, the packed art gallery’s atmosphere is different from most other sculptural art galleries in Bali.
The main attractions that visitors will obtain while on vacation to Big Garden Corner Sanur are: visitors will be able to see a vast number of statues, there is a miniature of the Borobudur temple with a height of 5 meters, there is also a small tree house, and there are lots of seats with colored chairs – colorful.
In addition, there is a water park of a reasonably large size. There are also lots of spots for photos in the area within Big Garden Corner Sanur, so it makes Big Garden Corner Sanur one of the Instagrammable places in Denpasar.
Vacation Guide To Big Garden Corner Sanur
- Visitors will pay an entrance ticket to see the inside of the Sanur Big Garden Corner area. See Big Garden Corner Sanur Entrance Ticket Prices.
- Big Garden Corner Sanur’s opening hours are every day from 09:00 – 18:00.
- Location map, Big Garden Corner Sanur Google Maps.
- The best time to visit Big Garden Corner Sanur is in the morning when there are few visitors.
- Other exciting locations nearby with Big Garden Corner Sanur, such as Sanur Beach and the Bajra Sandhi monument.
- Popular Posts On Instagram.
- Suitable for Instagram photo locations and family vacations with children.
Read More, Where To Go In Bali For First Timers – A Guide On Place To Visit.
The Best Way To Get Around In Denpasar
Tourist attractions in Denpasar Bali are very easy to access from various tourist attraction zones in Bali. If you stay nearby Kuta Beach, you only need 30 minutes by car to get to Denpasar City, depending on road traffic situations at that time.
1. Utilizing a Taxi
If you depart from Ngurah Rai Bali International airport, head to the city of Denpasar; the taxi fare you will pay is around IDR 200,000. There are many taxi services available in the Ngurah Rai International airport area, and it is easy to find one.
2. Motorcycle rental
Furthermore, there are a lot of motorcycle rental providers in Bali, especially in the tourist area of southern Bali. You only need to use Google to find scooter rental providers in Bali.
Furthermore, the price range for automatic scooter rental on the island of Bali depends on the type of motorbike you want to ride. The average scooter rental fee is around IDR 100,000 / motorbike for 24 hours. Also, you can ask the motorbike rental provider to deliver the scooter to your hotel.
3. Get A Car Rental with Bali Drivers
The best way to get around Denpasar and its surroundings are to rent a car with a driver in Bali.
Employing a car + driver rental in Bali is the best way to get around Denpasar and its surroundings.
The cost of renting a Toyota Avanza car + driver in Bali is IDR 350,000 / 12 hours, excluding gasoline/fuel. Furthermore, the Toyota Avanza is very economical on fuel, so if you go around tourist attractions in Denpasar for 12 hours, you will spend at most 14 liters of gasoline.
Compared to employing a taxi for 12 hours, the cost will be much more expensive compared to renting a car + driver in Bali. In addition, the driver will wait for you at the tourist attractions in Denpasar that you visit. Also, you don’t need to consider parking lots and driving during traffic jams in the city area.
4. Utilizing Denpasar City Tour Package
Those who don’t want to be complicated on vacation will mostly choose the Bali tour package because almost everything on the tour package has already been planned and arranged.
Currently, on the island of Bali, there are many providers for Bali tour packages at low prices that provide a tour around the city while visiting exciting tourist attractions in the city of Denpasar.
Usually, there are two types of tour packages around the city of Denpasar, namely, half-day tour packages and full-day tour packages.
Read More, Guide On How To Get Around Bali.
Leave a Reply