Many first-time visitors to Bali focus on the popular tourist attractions in southern Bali and central Bali. However, frequent vacationers to Bali often explore other parts of the island, such as east Bali, north Bali, or Nusa Penida island. In this guide, I suggest exploring the tourist attractions in eastern Bali, with Candidasa Karangasem being the destination. On this page, I will provide a guide to visiting Candidasa Karangasem and other tourist attractions in east Bali that tourists frequently visit.
Bahasa Indonesia, ”Semua Hal Yang Perlu Anda Tahu Sebelum Liburan Ke Candi Dasa Karangasem” >>>
If you’re examining for a travel destination that’s distinct from the popular southern Bali area, you might discover what you’re glancing for in the tourist attractions of East Bali. Furthermore, consider Candidasa Karangasem if you’re seeking a vacation area away from the crowds.
This page contains a holiday guide to Candidasa Karangasem, including information on:
Table of Contents[Hide][Show]
- Captivating Tourist Attractions in Eastern Bali
- Eastern Bali Best Things To Do
- Discovering Candidasa Karangasem: A Must-Visit Tourist Destination in Eastern Bali
- The Allure of Candidasa Karangasem as a Vacation Destination
- Your Comprehensive Guide to Holiday Accommodations in Candidasa
- Candidasa Karangasem Location
- Is Candidasa Worth Visiting For Vacation?
- Is it safe to swim at Candidasa Beach Karangasem?
- Summary of Holiday Guide to Candidasa Karangasem
Captivating Tourist Attractions in Eastern Bali
Firstly, the island’s tourism area is divided into six regions: south, central, west, north, east, and Nusa Penida island. However, this page will only mention east Bali tourist attractions.
Compared to the central area and southern area Bali attractions, the East Bali area is less popular among travelers. However, as a holiday destination, east Bali offers unique characteristics compared to south Bali vacation spots.
You can still see an original Balinese village in the east Bali region. The town calls Tenganan village. The Tenganan village location is adjacent to the Candi Dasa area. From Candi Dasa to Tenganan village, you only require 10 minute drive.
Apart from the cultural point of interest, eastern Bali attraction also lies in natural attractions such as beaches, volcanoes, and untamed rivers. You can find a white and black sand beach in east Bali. For example, the most popular white sand beach in east Bali that gets many tourist visits is the Virgin Beach Karangasem.
Also, Among international travelers, Perasi Beach Karangasem call as Virgin Beach Karangasem. Therefore, if someone mentions Virgin Beach Karangasem, it means the Perasi beach Karangasem. To visit Virgin Beach Karangasem, you must know the entrance fee.
See Here: “Virgin Beach Karangasem Entrance Fee” >>>
Eastern Bali Best Things To Do
East Bali offers many exciting holiday activities for travelers suitable for all ages. Besides cultural and natural attractions, you can do many best things in east Bali, and you won’t find it in south Bali. Here are some holiday activities that I can recommend for you to try when traveling to the East Bali area:
- Submarine Tourism: There is one marine recreational activity in east Bali; you will not find it in other parts of the Bali area. The name of the maritime recreation activity is Odyssey Submarine Bali. The Odyssey Submarine Bali is a submarine tour, and it is currently the only one on Bali island. The Odyssey Submarine Bali takes place on the Amuk Bay Karangasem. They choose Amuk Bay as a sub-diving spot due to the Amuk bay underwater life being natural and well-preserved.
- Telaga Waja Rafting: Besides submarine tours, the East Bali region offers whitewater river rafting trips known as Telaga Waja rafting Karangasem. There are many providers of rafting activities on the Telaga Waja river. The most well-known are BWM Rafting and Telaga Waja Rafting Sobek.
- Scuba diving and snorkeling: East Bali is home to some of the best novice dive sites in Bali, including Amed, Padang Bai, Tulamben, and Nusa Penida. This dive location in east Bali delivers a variety of marine life, including coral reefs, tropical fish, and sunken shipwrecks.
- Trekking and hiking: East Bali is home to the highest volcano in Bali, Mount Agung. Sightseers can climb to the top of Mount Agung to enjoy the sunrise and scenery. There are also beautiful hiking trails in the east Bali area, such as the Bukit Asah Ridge.
- Cultural tourism: East Bali is rich in culture and history, with ancient Balinese Hindu temples and traditional villages maintaining time-honored traditions. Some popular cultural sites include Besakih Temple, Tenganan Village, and Lempuyang Temple.
- Beach hopping: The tourist area of East Bali has several beautiful beaches, and each beach offers unique beauty and charm. Some famous beaches in east Bali include Virgin Beach, Blue Lagoon Beach, and Bias Tugel Beach.
Overall, the East Bali tourism area offers a variety of exciting holiday activities for tourists to enjoy, whether they are looking for adventure, culture, or relaxation.
Discovering Candidasa Karangasem: A Must-Visit Tourist Destination in Eastern Bali
Uncover the beauty and richness of the fantastic culture of Candidasa Karangasem with our best holiday guide. From scuba diving to temple tours, tour guides will assist you in arranging an extraordinary journey to the tourist spots of east Bali.
For those who have never been to Candi Dasa Karangasem, you will ask! What are some exciting things to do in Candi Dasa Karangasem?
Traveling from Ngurah Rai International Airport to Candidasa will take roughly 1 hour and 40 minutes to cover the 64-kilometer distance. This might seem like a significant distance from Bali’s tourism hub, making Candidasa’s attractions less crowded than popular destinations like Echo Beach in Canggu Bali or Balangan Beach in Bali.
Candidasa Karangasem Bali is a resort with beaches, restaurants, bars, and accommodations. Most visitors who choose to stay in the Candidasa area are a traveler who wants to experience a different sense of Bali and love a calm and quiet place.
Some travelers also prefer to stop at Candi Dasa before heading to Tulamben or Amed Karangasem. Tulamben and Amed Karangasem are famous as the best locations for scuba diving or snorkeling activities.
Most importantly, to be able to join scuba diving in Tulamben or Amed, participants required a scuba diving license. To acquire a scuba diving license, you must follow a widely available course in Tulamben or Amed.
Suppose you are a beginner in scuba diving and want to avoid acquiring a license. In that case, you can join introductory scuba dive at Tanjung Benoa beach.
The Allure of Candidasa Karangasem as a Vacation Destination
If you’ve never been to Candi Dasa Karangasem, you might wonder what exciting activities are available in this tourist area. It’s natural to have such questions if you’re curious about the appeal of this attraction.
Candi Dasa Karangasem is a resort that offers a distinct atmosphere from the southern Bali tourism areas and is quite similar to the Sanur area. The main draw of Candi Dasa is its beach, which, although less pristine than Pandawa Beach or Melasti Beach Ungasan, offers a peaceful and serene atmosphere.
Your Comprehensive Guide to Holiday Accommodations in Candidasa
Most tourist areas in East Bali still need to have five-star hotels. Therefore, the choices are the Candi Dasa and Manggis tourist areas to get a five-star hotel while on vacation to East Bali. The Candi Dasa area has many places to stay, ranging from jasmine classes to star hotels. In addition, the Candi Dasa area has many cafes, bars, and restaurants.
Here are some hotels we can recommend for locations to stay in Candidasa: Note that we are not affiliated with all the hotels listed on this page.
- Alila Manggis: This luxury resort is located in a coconut plantation area and features a beachfront pool, spa, and restaurant. The rooms are spacious and elegant, with garden and sea views.
- Candi Beach Resort and Spa: This resort offers a retreat with landscaped gardens, a beachfront pool, and a spa. Apart from that, the rooms are spacious with a perfect layout.
- Lotus Bungalows: This hotel is one of the budget-friendly accommodation options in Candidasa. The rooms are neat and comfortable, and the restaurant serves local and international cuisine.
- Ramayana Candidasa: This beachfront resort offers spacious rooms with sea-facing balconies. In addition, the resort area has a swimming pool, spa, and restaurant facilities.
Candidasa has many accommodations to suit all budgets and preferences, making it an excellent tourist destination.
Candidasa Karangasem Location
To create a more comfortable for you to discover the location of Candidasa, please click on the link below to use Google Maps.
Look Here, Candidasa Beach Location On Google Maps.
Distance & Travel Time
The distance and travel time to Candidasa Karangasem from a popular tourist spot in Bali will vary depending on the starting point area. However, here are some approximate travel times and distances from a few popular tourist attractions in Bali:
- From Monkey Forest Ubud: approximately 40 kilometers (24.8 Miles) and 1.5 hours by car.
- If you’re traveling from Ngurah Rai International Airport to Candi Dasa, the journey will take approximately 1 hour and 40 minutes by car, covering a distance of 64 kilometers. That’s quite a distance! Due to its area away from the main traveler center of Bali, Candidasa’s attractions are generally less crowded than those at Echo Beach Canggu Bali.
- Meanwhile, if you depart from Petitenget Beach Seminyak: it is about 50 kilometers (31 Miles) and 2 hours by car.
- If you depart from Uluwatu temple, heading to Candi Dasa will cover a distance of 81 kilometers, with 2 hours of travel time.
- From Kuta Beach: roughly 55 kilometers (34 Miles) and 2 hours by car.
- From Nusa Dua Beach: nearly 60 kilometers (37 Miles) and 2.5 hours by car.
- Suppose you leave Balangan Beach to Candi Dasa. In that case, it will cover a distance of 75 kilometers, with 2 hours of travel time.
- For instance, if you depart from the Tegalalang rice terrace area, heading to Candi Dasa will take 1 hour 30 minutes with a distance of 54 kilometers.
Please note that these are estimated travel times and distances, and actual times may vary depending on traffic and road conditions.
Other Attractions Near Candidasa Karangasem
In addition, several other fascinating tourist areas in East Bali are located near Candidasa and are worth visiting, including:
- Tenganan village.
- Padang Bai Beach.
- Blue Lagoon Padang Bai Beach.
- Virgin Beach Perasi Karangasem.
- Taman Ujung Soekasada Water Park.
- Amuk Bay Beach.
- Tirta Gangga Water Palace.
Alternative Ways to Get to Candidasa for Your Vacation
Everywhere you travel, you must acknowledge the best way to get around the area. Candidasa is uncovered on the east coast of Bali, roughly 46 kilometers, and takes 1.5-2 hours from the tourist attractions of Kintamani. Because public transportation is inadequate, the best way to vacation in Candidasa is to employ a private vehicle: a motorcycle or a car.
Bali’s public transportation includes a taximeter, cars, motorcycle taxis, and buses. However, Bali public transportation is available mainly in south Bali areas such as Kuta beach or the Seminyak area.
Here are some transportation alternatives that you can employ when planning a vacation to Candidasa:
1. Bali Car Rental with Driver
Employing a Bali car rental with a driver is the most accessible and convenient transportation choice to Candidasa, especially if traveling in a group or carrying a lot of luggage.
In addition, if you are unfamiliar with the roads in east Bali, you should employ a car rental with a driver in Bali. By using a Bali car rental with a driver and fuel, you can rest on the way to Candidasa Karangasem.
You can order a rental car with a driver before you arrive in Bali and ask the driver to pick you up at Ngurah Rai Airport and take you to Candidasa. When you arrive in Bali, the driver will meet you at Ngurah Rai airport, help you put your luggage in the vehicle, and take you directly to your hotel in Candidasa.
Meanwhile, if you want to use a car, it is challenging to get a self-drive car hire in Bali. Most of the time, Bali car rental is with a driver. For Bali car hire with driver and fuel, it cost IDR 700.000 / 12 hours.
2. Meter Taxi
You can use a taxi from Ngurah Rai airport to Candidasa. When you order, it’s a good idea to negotiate the fare with the driver first.
See Here, When Is Best Time To Visit Bali?
3. Rent a Scooter
Consequently, the best way to get around in Candi Dasa is to get private transportation such as a scooter or a car.
If you are comfortable riding a motorbike/scooter, you can rent a motorbike for sightseeing transportation in Bali. Finding a scooter or car rental on the island of Bali is very easy. You can utilize the Google search engine to discover scooter rental providers in Bali.
Finding a scooter rental in Bali is effortless, especially if you find it in south Bali. If you are staying in Candi Dasa, you can use Google to find the nearest scooter rental from Candi Dasa. The scooter rental price is usually around IDR 100.000 – IDR 300.000 for 24 hours without fuel.
After ordering a motorbike, you can request the motorbike rental provider in Bali to take it to the airport or hotel you are staying at in the southern Bali area. You can ride a motorbike to Candidasa from the south Bali area.
4. Book a Bali Tour Package
Apart from employing Bali car rental, some travelers on vacation to East Bali also like to book Bali tour packages. An example of an itinerary for an east Bali tour package favored by tourists such as;
- Visit Lempuyang Temple (gate of heaven).
- Vacation to Tirta Gangga Karangasem.
- Visit Ujung Soekasada Park.
- Tour to Virgin beach Perasi Karangasem.
- Visiting Candidasa.
Overall, in Bali, there are several transport choices for tourists heading to Candidasa from the southern Bali area. In addition, transportation possibilities are available that can adjust the budget and preferences of each traveler.
Is Candidasa Worth Visiting For Vacation?
Whether or not you should take a vacation to Candidasa depends on your preferences and the purpose of your trip.
If you are looking for a holiday destination in Bali that is calm and relaxing, offering unspoiled natural beauty, Candidasa is worth your visit.
However, if you are looking for a more crowded holiday destination with adequate tourist infrastructure, there will be a better choice of tourist sites than Candidasa. Furthermore, the Candidasa area is relatively small, and the tourism facilities are less comprehensive than the tourist attractions of Ubud or other popular attractions in southern Bali.
Overall, if you are looking for a quiet, peaceful, and beautiful retreat, Candidasa is worth considering.
Is it safe to swim at Candidasa Beach Karangasem?
You can swim at Candidasa beach, but you have to be careful and know the condition of the waters. The beaches in Candidasa are generally safe for swimming, but paying attention to currents and waves is still imperative before swimming.
Some beaches in Candidasa have strong currents, and it’s a good idea to swim close to other people and not too far from the beach.
If you are not good at swimming or are on vacation with children, hire a local guide for snorkeling; the guide will tell you about the safest swimming or snorkeling locations. Swimming or snorkeling in Candidasa is one way to enjoy the natural beauty under the sea.
Summary of Holiday Guide to Candidasa Karangasem
If you’re visiting Bali, you should check out the tourist attractions in Candidasa Karangasem. It’s worth it because Candidasa showcases Bali’s natural beauty and cultural heritage and offers various fun holiday activities.
Candidasa Karangasem is a great place to go if you’re looking for a Bali vacation with water sports and beach resorts. The area is renowned for its stunning underwater scenery, perfect for scuba diving and snorkeling activities. Whether you want to unwind or experience Balinese culture, Candidasa is a must-visit destination in Bali.
Furthermore, if you’ve been to the Candi Dasa Karangasem tourist area, please share your experiences with other readers by commenting below. Your input would be greatly appreciated!
Read More, Bali Travel Guide.