For those of you which never experience to have a vacation in Bali and want to invite your parents to have a holiday in Bali. For sure you will have this question! Is Bali island suitable for vacation spots with the elderly? Also, what to do in Bali for older people? Bali Island has many fantastic tourist attractions, fun holiday activities, and comprehensive tourism facilities. Therefore, Bali is an ideal place to have holidays with children or with the elderly. Particularly on this page, I will write about what to do in Bali for older adults. Therefore, you can find information on things for older people to do in Bali.
Bahasa Indonesia, ”Objek Liburan Di Bali Yang Cocok Untuk Lansia” >>>
Vacation activities wherever place you want to visit age will not be an obstacle. I mean, age will not limit people from having a vacation.
Bali Island now becomes one of Southeast Asia’s favorite vacation spots. Bali offers complete facilities for travelers, children, adults, teenagers, and even the elderly. All you have to do when visiting Bali with the elderly is to find out what to do in Bali for older people. Also, you need to readjust the attractions in Bali you want to see and carefully choose the holiday activities you want to join.
Table of Contents[Hide][Show]
Holidays to Bali for the Elderly – What To Do In Bali For Old People
While on vacation to Bali, some of us desire to encourage parents to join a holiday to Bali, and you unquestionably also have the same mind. Therefore, you will look for information about tourist attractions in Bali that are suitable for senior citizens.
However, most of our parents are elderly and have physical limitations when visiting tourist attractions in Bali. Therefore, it will raise questions about what to do in Bali for older people.
- Is Bali a suitable spot for the elderly to take a vacation?
- Will there be a lot of walking activity while on vacation in Bali?
- What are tourist attractions in Bali suitable for older travelers, considering physical limitations?
If you have the same questions regarding Bali for older tourists, please continue reading this page because you will find answers to the three questions above about what to do in Bali for older adults.
Find Out, ”Top 10 Bali Attractions – Places To Visit & Things To Do” >>>
Will Bali be A Suitable Place For The Elderly To Have A Vacation?
Bali Island has many attractions that make many tourists choose a holiday in Bali. Also, the attractiveness of Bali is not only for young people but also suitable for senior citizens. If you want to have a vacation in Bali with your parents, as long as you choose a quieter place to stay, visiting a less crowded site in Bali, therefore your parents will be able to enjoy a holiday in Bali.
Then which area in Bali that suitable as a place to stay for the elderly?
There are many areas in the best place to stay in Bali for seniors. However, only three regions are famous for the senior traveler when choosing a hotel.
- Nusa Dua.
The thing that makes many elderly travelers choose hotels in the Nusa Dua, Ubud, and Sanur Bali areas because these three tourist areas are quieter if you compare them with Kuta. Legian, Canggu or Seminyak.
Especially in the Nusa Dua area, traffic jams rarely occur, with very organized pedestrians, especially in the Nusa Dua ITDC area. Also, Sanur and Nusa Dua areas are close to an International hospital in Bali.
Read More, ”Nusa Dua VS Sanur – Which One To Choose As A Place To Stay In Bali” >>>
Do You Need to Walk a Lot While on Vacation in Bali?
When you vacation in Bali, walking activities are only needed when you arrive at the hotel lobby and would like to go to your room. Also, walking need inside tourist attractions. Therefore, walking is less required when you have a holiday in Bali due to you can use private vehicles for visiting the tourist attractions in Bali.
Therefore, the best transportation for a holiday in Bali with the elderly is to use car rental services in Bali with a driver. Because by utilizing a car rental with a driver in Bali, will minimize older travelers having a walk. You can stop at the entrance gate at the tourist spot with your parents and the driver duty to look for a car parking space.
Besides using car hire in Bali with drivers, you can also book Bali tour packages. If you decide to use tour package services in Bali, there are many advantages that you will get, such as:
- All Bali tour itineraries have already been prepared.
- Entrance tickets to tourist attractions in Bali are included in the price of tour packages in Bali.
- Food is included in the price of Bali tour packages.
Must Read, “Three Days Vacation Itinerary In Nusa Dua Bali With Travel Guide” >>>
What To Do In Bali For Old People?
There is an excess of fun things to do in Bali for seniors. One of them is visiting tourist attractions. Furthermore, Bali Island has many exciting tourist attractions that are worth having a visit with your parent.
- Bali is famous for natural attractions such as white sand beaches, black sand beaches, waterfalls, rice terraces, natural lakes, and mountainous areas.
- Bali cultural attractions include Garuda Wisnu Kencana culture park, the Balinese royal palace in Ubud, and the Balinese Hindu temples.
- There are also tourist attractions such as zoos.
So if you are wondering what to do in Bali for older adults, the following is a list of 10 attractions in Bali that are suitable for the elderly.
1. Mengiat Beach Nusa Dua
Number one on what to do in Bali, older adults visit Mengiat Beach. Mengiat Beach Nusa Dua is one of Bali’s cleanest white sand beaches with very sloping white sand.
The cleanliness of the Mengiat beach is very well maintained because there are many five-star resorts in the beachfront area. Also, the wave on the coast is very calm. Therefore, it makes Mengiat Nusa Dua beach very safe for the elderly and children to swim.
While the car park area is very close to the beach area, only a few meters away, and there is no entrance fee to explore the stretch of Mengiat beach Nusa Dua.
- The entrance fee is free of charge, visitors only need to pay the car parking fee.
- Most people spend 1,5 hours at Mengiat beach Nusa Dua.
- See here, “Location Map of Mengiat Beach Nusa Dua” >>>
- Read More, Top 4 Best White Sand Beach In Nusa Dua Bali.
- Find Out, Top 10 Things To Do In Nusa Dua Bali
2. Tanjung Benoa Beach
Number two on what to do in Bali for older adults is visiting Tanjung Benoa beach.
The Tanjung Benoa beach location is on the north side of the Nusa Dua tourism area. Vacationists better know Tanjung Benoa Beach as the best location for maritime activities in Bali, which is more famous by the name watersports Tanjung Benoa.
There are many choices of watersports games at Tanjung Benoa beach. Such as parasailing adventures, jet skiing, a banana boat ride, a rolling donut boat ride, and many other exciting activities. For Tanjung Benoa watersports prices, each game price varies. Please click the link to find out the game list and cost of watersports activities in Tanjung Benoa Bali!
Inevitably, when you escort your parents to vacation at Tanjung Benoa beach, you will not ask your parents to join Tanjung Benoa Watersports activities. However, there are traveler attractions in Tanjung Benoa that you must visit if you vacation in Bali with the elderly. The place’s name is Tanjung Benoa Green turtle breeding/Bali turtle island.
Bali Turtle Island With Glass Bottom Boat
To make the holiday to green turtle breeding in Tanjung Benoa more exciting, many tourists choose to utilize glass bottom boats.
Then what is a Glass Bottom Boat? Glass bottom boat is a small boat with a maximum capacity of 9 passengers. On the bottom of the ship, there is a glass that allows passengers to see the seabed from the vessels. Glass bottom boat charter services are elementary to find along the Tanjung Benoa coastline.
Search here, “Glass Bottom Boat Carter Prices in Tanjung Benoa Bali” >>>
- The entrance fee for Tanjung Benoa Turtle Conservation is adult IDR 10.000 and child IDR 5.000.
- Most people spend 2 hours at Tanjung Benoa beach Nusa Dua.
- Location Map, “Tanjung Benoa Beach on Google Map” >>>
3. Pandawa Beach
One of the best white sand beaches you should visit while on vacation in Bali with a senior citizen is Pandawa beach Bali and Melasti Beach Ungasan. Due to beach access from the parking lot being very close. Therefore, your parents don’t have to walk far to reach the Pandawa beach location.
Also, the Pandawa beach wave very calmly. So it is suitable for children and senior citizens to swim. On Pandawa beach, there are also canoe rental services, and the prices for food and drinks on Pandawa beach are competitive.
- The entrance fee is IDR 15.000/per person.
- For the car parking fee, IDR 5.000/one car.
- Most people spend 1,5 hours at Pandawa beach.
- Location Map, “Pandawa Beach Google Map” >>>
4. Uluwatu Temple
Uluwatu Temple is the most famous Hindu temple among Bali travelers. The question is, is the Uluwatu temple suitable to be visit by the elderly?
Appropriate or not to visit Luhur Uluwatu temple with the elderly, only you can answer due to the physical health of each elderly being different from others.
After arriving in the Uluwatu temple car park area, you will go to the entrance ticket counter. After paying the Uluwatu temple entrance fee, you can enter the site of the Uluwatu temple. The path leading to the grand temple of Uluwatu from the entrance gate is relatively flat. Also, on several road areas, there is an up and downslope that you can pass by strolling.
- Uluwatu Temple entrance fee, IDR 50.000/adult & IDR 30.000/children.
- Uluwatu Temple’s opening hours are from 07:00 – 19:00. However, for those who require to pray at the temple, the Uluwatu temple is open 24 hours.
- Kecak Dance Uluwatu performance starts at 18:00 – 19:00.
- Uluwatu Kecak Dance ticket price, IDR 150,000/person.
- For the car parking fee, IDR 5.000 / one car.
- Most people spend 2 hours at the Uluwatu Temple.
- Location Map, “Uluwatu Temple Bali On Google Map” >>>
5. Garuda Wisnu Kencana Cultural Park
Garuda Wisnu Kencana Cultural Park is located on a limestone plateau in southern Bali. For your information, Garuda Wisnu Kencana Cultural Park is well known as GWK.
When viewed from the west side, GWK Bali offers views of Jimbaran Bay and Kuta beach. Meanwhile, from the east side, you can see Tanjung Benoa beach coastline and Sanur with a backdrop of Mount Agung.
The main attraction of GWK culture park as a vacation spot is the magnificent statue of Garuda Wisnu Kencana. The height of Garuda Wisnu Kencana Statue reaches a total height of 121 meters. The width of the Garuda Wisnu Kencana Statue is 65 meters. Then the Garuda Wisnu Kencana statue is higher than the Statue of Liberty in New York.
In the area of Garuda Wisnu Kencana Cultural Park, there is an area that many tourists visit, and the name of the section is Lotus Pond Garuda Wisnu Kencana Bali. Also, inside GWK Bali, there is an adequate road. Also, there are many toilets. So it is convenient for old travelers to vacation at Garuda Wisnu Kencana Bali.
- Garuda Wisnu Kencana Cultural Park entrance fee, IDR 125,000/adult and Child IDR 100.000.
- The Garuda Wisnu Kencana opening hours from 09:00 – 20:00.
- Most people spend 2 hours at Garuda Wisnu Kencana.
- Location Map, “Garuda Wisnu Kencana On Google Map” >>>
6. Jimbaran Beach
Adjacent to the Garuda Wisnu Kencana culture park is a famous Bali white sand beach. Tourists better know the beach as a beachfront dining venue—the name of the beach at Jimbaran beach.
You must be wondering why most of what to do in Bali for older people is to visit beach attractions. Every beach attraction in Bali suitable for older travelers has its unique charm. For Jimbaran beach, the main attraction is dinner with a grilled seafood menu on the shore of Jimbaran beach with sunset views.
Jimbaran beach is so famous as a beachfront dining spot, making the Jimbaran beach area always crowded with tourists visiting before sunset. Also, Jimbaran beach access from the parking lot is very close. You only need to step several meters from the parking lot to access the beach.
- Jimbaran Beach entrance fee is free of charge.
- Most people spend 2 hours at Jimbaran Beach.
- Location Map, “Jimbaran Beach On Google Map” >>>
7. Bali Bird Park
At Bird Park Bali, you can take your parents to see more than 1,000 species of birds. The birds are from 250 different species from various parts of the world. Bali bird park attractions are one of the most popular tourist destinations. Especially for tourists who have a vacation with children and the elderly.
Many elderly tourists love to visit Bali bird park. Also, they spend all their holiday time day observing birds and reptiles. Undoubtedly, the bird park is one of the attractions you must visit while on vacation with the elderly in Bali.
- Bali Bird Park entrance fee is IDR 385.500/adult & IDR 192.000/child.
- The Bali Bird Park opening hours are from 09:00 – 17:30.
- Most people spend 2 hours at Bali Bird Park.
- Location Map, “Bali Bird Park On Google Map” >>>
Find Out, the Best Area To Stay In Bali With Kids.
8. Ulun Danu Temple At Lake Beratan Bedugul
Ulun Danu temple at Beratan lake Bedugul is one of Bali’s attractions that you should not miss while on vacation with the elderly in Bali. The location of Ulun Danu Temple is located on the banks of lake Beratan. Lake Beratan location at Bedugul, Candikuning village, Baturiti district, Tabanan regency, Bali.
The beauty and uniqueness of Ulun Danu Bratan Temple make this tourist attraction very famous. Because when the water rises at Beratan Bedugul lake, Ulun Danu temple seems to float above the water’s surface.
Besides the beauty of temple architecture, you can also enjoy the atmosphere of a neatly arranged garden and fresh mountain air. Walking access at Ulun Danu temple Beratan is adequate, and public toilets are widely available.
- Ulun Danu temple entrance fee is IDR 75.000/adult & IDR 50.000/child.
- Car parking fee, IDR IDR 5.000/1 car.
- Most people spend 1,5 hours at Ulun Danu temple.
- Location Map, “Ulun Danu Temple on Google Map” >>>
9. Tanah Lot
The best Bali tour for seniors is visiting the Tanah Lot Temple. Due to the uniqueness of Tanah Lot Temple and the sunset scenery. From the vehicle parking area to the Tanah Lot temple area, you need to walk 500 meters.
You will see many shops selling Balinese handicrafts along the way to the temple. When you arrive at the Tanah Lot tourist area, you can invite parents to have a walk around. Along the Tanah Lot Temple, there is a seating area. Therefore if your parents feel tired of walking, they can have a break.
The best time for a vacation to Tanah Lot is the evening before sunset, around 17:15. You can also try visiting Tanah Lot tourist attractions early in the morning if you want a more quiet tourist atmosphere.
- Tanah Lot temple entrance fee is IDR 60.000/adult & IDR 30.000/child.
- Car parking fee, IDR 5.000/1 car.
- Most people spend 1,5 hours at Tanah Lot temple.
- Location Map, “Tanah Lot Bali On Google Map” >>>
The last one on what to do in Bali for older people is to visit Kintamani.
The kintamani tourist attraction is one of the tourist attractions in Bali that is suitable for an older traveler. Because in the Kintamani, you and your parents can see the views of Batur Lake and Mount Batur. While observing the natural scenery, you can enjoy a buffet lunch.
Besides the lake and mountain landscape, the Kintamani area is frigid even during the day. There are also natural hot springs at the Kintamani tourist attraction. So you can invite your parents to take a bath in a warm natural pool. One of the famous hot springs in Kintamani Bali for older couples is Toya Devasya Hot Spring Kintamani.
Location Map, “Toya Devasya Kintamani On Google Map” >>>
That’s all folks on what to do in Bali for older adults. If you have questions about the article on what to do in Bali for older people, please write them down in the commentaries below! Also, if you know what to do in Bali for older people, please share it.
- Where To Go In Bali For First-Timers – A Guide On Which Place To Visit.
- Kuta Bali Travel Guide For Beginners & First Time To Bali.
- Things To Do With Kids In Nusa Dua & Tanjung Benoa Bali.
- What To Wear In Bali – 7 Types of Clothing You Must Carry On Vacation.
- Ten Most Famous Kids Vacation Activities In Bali That You Need To Recognize.