Suppose you have never had a vacation to Bali island and are currently planning a tour of Bali island. In that case, the chances are that you will have this question! Which places in Bali should I visit? Or I plan to vacation in Bali for the first time; where should I go in Bali? Do you have the same queries when you want to go on holiday to the island of the gods for the first time? Wira Tour Bali customers who book river rafting in Bali often ask this question or book Bali car rentals with a driver. Furthermore, to make it easier for us to provide answers, on this page, I will write a guide on where to go in Bali for first-timers.
Bahasa Indonesia, ‘Panduan Cara Memilih Tempat Liburan Di Bali.
Bahasa Indonesia, Tempat Wisata Pertama Kali Ke Bali.
Table of Contents[Hide][Show]
- A Guide On Where To Go In Bali For First-Timers
- Each Tourism Area Will Offer Its Uniqueness
- 2. Bali Holiday Budget
- Want To Visit White Sand Beach
- Best Things To Do In Bali for First Timers With Outdoor Adventure Interests
- Best Terraced Rice Fields To Visit In Bali For First Timers
- Best Natural Waterfall To Visit In Bali For First Timers
- Best Balinese Hindu Temples To Visit In Bali For First Timers
- Interest In Bali Culinary Activities
- Bali Seclude Area
- Want To Stay In Bali Area With Comprehensive Facilities
- Nightlife Interest
- Bali Family Vacation With Children
- 1. Melasti Beach Ungasan
- 2. Ubud Monkey Forest
- 3. Kuta beach
- 4. ITDC Nusa Dua – Mengiat Beach & Waterblow
- 5. Seminyak Beach
- 6. Sanur Beach
- 7. Tanjung Benoa Beach
- 8. Legian Beach
- 9. Jimbaran Beach
- 10. Garuda Wisnu Kencana (GWK Bali)
- 11. Tanah Lot Temple
- 12. Uluwatu Temple
- 13. Bali Bird Park
- 14. Bali Zoo
- 15. Bali Safari Marine Park
- 16. Ulun Danu Beratan Temple
- 17. Kintamani
- 18. Jatiluwih Rice Terrace
- 19. Penglipuran Village
- 20. Nusa Penida Island
- Transportation Guide – Where To Go In Bali For First Timers
- Items You Need To Bring
A Guide On Where To Go In Bali For First-Timers
When deciding to vacation to Bali island for the first time, most people will look for information about the best things to do in Bali.
Firstly, after looking for information about Bali’s attractions and holiday activities, you will find that Bali has many exciting and great places to visit. However, many choices for traveler attractions and plenty of things to do in Bali will confuse you about which Bali attractions you will see.
Each Tourism Area Will Offer Its Uniqueness
Furthermore, tourist attractions that must be visited by those visiting Bali for the first time are scattered in almost all corners of the island. Visitors who have a vacation to Bali for the first time will see the beauty of white sand beaches, charming Hindu temples, and views of volcanoes.
Also, each tourism zone will offer its uniqueness. Of course, with many alternatives of traveler destinations, it would be perfect for travelers because it can meet different sightseer criteria.
See Here, ”Uniqueness On Each Tourism Area In Bali” >>>
Also, providing a guide on where to go in Bali for first-timers with a definite answer is very challenging! Because every traveler who wants to visit Bali for a holiday has distinct criteria. In general, determining which place to stay and things to see in Bali, there are three main things that you should pay attention to, namely;
- Vacation duration.
- Vacation budget.
- Your travel interests.
1. Duration of Holidays in Bali Effect On Where To Go In Bali For First Timers
The duration of your vacation on Bali’s island will significantly affect the choice of traveler attractions in Bali that you will visit. The shorter your holiday time, the fewer attractions you can see. Vice versa, the longer the duration of your holiday, the more vacation spots in Bali you can visit.
In addition to affecting the number of attractions in Bali you can visit, the vacation duration will also affect your pace while visiting the Bali attraction. Therefore, the shorter the vacation duration, the faster you will move to each attraction in Bali.
Search Here, “The Cheapest Time To Have A Vacation To Bali Island” >>>
Examples of vacation duration in Bali affect the choice of things to see in Bali
Suppose your vacation on Bali island is for three days and two nights. Then it is likely that you will stay in one area in Bali and visit Bali attractions adjacent to your hotel.
For example, the Bali vacation duration is three days and two nights. You will choose a place to stay in the tourist area of southern Bali. Such as Kuta, Legian, Seminyak, Jimbaran, Sanur, Ungasan, Uluwatu. Also, you will visit more Bali attractions in the southern part of Bali. For example, Kuta beach, Uluwatu Temple, and Garuda Wisnu Kencana culture park.
Visiting Bali attractions close to each other and close to where you are staying make you spend more of your vacation time at the Bali attractions instead of in a vehicle.
See Here, ”Example Of Bali Honeymoon Itinerary 5 Days” >>>
Longer Vacation Duration
It will be different if your vacation on Bali’s island is ten days and nine nights. Then most likely, you will stay in three other tourist areas on the island of Bali.
- You can stay in the southern Bali tourism area for three nights.
- You stayed in central Bali for two nights, such as Ubud or Bedugul area.
- Stay at Nusa Lembongan island and Nusa Penida island for two nights.
- North Bali for one night, such as Singaraja.
- Gili Trawangan island for one night.
With a choice of different areas to stay in, you will prefer a Bali attraction that will be visited close to where you are staying.
If you are on vacation to Bali’s island for the first time, try to keep your vacation duration in the range of 7 – 10 days. With a Bali vacation duration of 7 – 10 days, you can stay in three different areas. Also, the pace of your vacation is more relaxed.
Search Here, “10 Days Travel Itinerary Guide to Bali Island” >>>
2. Bali Holiday Budget
Besides the holiday duration, your vacation budget will affect the vacation attractions you visit in Bali. The reason is that most travelers attractions in Bali will charge entrance fees to vacationists. However, some attractions in Bali offer free admission tickets.
Suppose you have a limited holiday budget in Bali. In that case, you will prioritize visiting Bali attractions with free admission or low-cost entrance tickets.
To make it easier for you to find the Bali attraction entrance fee, we have summarized the latest entrance fee for tourist attractions in Bali.
3. Your Travel Interests Will Effect On Where To Go In Bali For First Timers
Every traveler has different leisure interests. Your interests will significantly influence the choice of traveler attractions in Bali that you will visit. Some sightseers like adventure, night entertainment, sitting back on the beach, culinary tours, views of rice fields, and Balinese art and culture.
For example, you like to have a holiday on white-sand beaches. Most of your holiday itineraries in Bali will visit white sand beach attractions on the island of Bali. If you want culinary delights, you will be more inclined to visit a place to eat or a Bali restaurant.
Want To Visit White Sand Beach
Furthermore, the main attraction of Bali’s island as a tourist destination lies in the beautiful view of the white sand beach. Bali has many white sand beach attractions; the most famous are Kuta beach Bali and Pandawa Beach.
There are so many choices of beach attractions in Bali, and sometimes you are confused about which beaches to visit. Here are the criteria to make it easier for you to determine which beach resorts on Bali’s island to visit.
You Love To See Bali White Sand Beaches Great For Sunset
When visiting a white sand beach in Bali and prioritizing sunset views, you must choose a beach with a shoreline face to the southwest side. Here is an example of Bali’s white sand beaches excellent for sunset scenery.
Want To Visit Sunrise View Beach In Bali
If you want to see the sunrise’s view, you have to choose a beach with the coastline facing the east side. Below is an illustration of a great white sand beach in Bali for sunrise;
- Geger Beach Nusa Dua.
- Matahari Terbit Beach Sanur.
- Karang Beach Sanur.
- Mengiat Beach Nusa Dua.
- Tanjung Benoa Beach.
- Diamond Beach Nusa Penida.
- Amed Beach Karangasem.
Looking For Bali Beach Safe for Children to Swim
Suppose your vacation to Bali with your children and want your children to swim by the beach safely. Then you have to choose a white sand beach in Bali with shallow waters with waves that are not too strong. Here are the options;
- Melasti Beach Ungasan.
- Geger Beach Nusa Dua.
- Karang Beach Sanur.
- Mengiat Beach Nusa Dua.
- Pandawa Beach Kutuh.
Find Here, ”A Guide On Top 10 Family Beaches In Bali Great For Children” >>>
Want To Join Marine Water Sports In Bali Suitable For Beginners
Although the island of Bali offers many white sand beaches, not all are suitable for Bali water sports activities. Bali island has two white-sand beaches for water sports activities suitable for beginners. That is;
- Tanjung Benoa Beach.
- Duyung Beach Sanur.
Tanjung Benoa Beach is very popular as a location for Bali’s water sports activities for beginners. Because on Tanjung Benoa beach, there are many choices of water sports games, such as;
- Rolling donuts.
- Parasailing adventures.
- Snorkeling Tanjung Benoa.
- Banana boat.
- Seawalker Tanjung Benoa.
Also, Tanjung Benoa water sports are more affordable than Bali water sports prices in other locations. Meanwhile, Duyung beach for Sanur watersports is sought more by European tourists who want a quieter water sports location.
See Here, “Prices for Hiring a Jet Ski on Sanur Beach Bali” >>>
Bali Beach For Romantic Dinner
If you are on vacation to Bali for your honeymoon, the chances are that you will want to try a romantic beachside dinner. There are two popular beachfront dinner spots in Bali, namely;
- Jimbaran Beach.
- Seminyak Beach.
Visitors tend to choose Jimbaran beach for a more romantic, calm beachside dinner with a menu of grilled seafood. Conversely, if visitors want a beachside dinner with a beach club atmosphere, in that case, they will select the Petitenget beach in Seminyak.
See here, “10 Romantic Things To Do In Ubud Bali” >>>
Best Things To Do In Bali for First Timers With Outdoor Adventure Interests
There are many choices for adventure holiday activities in Bali. For example, white water rafting activities, ATV rides, elephant rides, trekking, and diving.
Bali White Water Rafting Trip
Suppose you want a white water rafting tour. Try Bali river rafting on the Ayung River Ubud and the Telaga Waja river Karangasem.
- Ayung River Ubud is more suitable for travelers who want a more relaxed Bali rafting tour.
- Meanwhile, Telaga Waja river rafting is ideal for visitors who wish a more challenging white water rafting activities.
- Melangit river is ideal for visitors with limited time for river rafting in Bali.
See Here, ”First Time Plan For Bali Rafting Trip” >>>
Bali ATV Ride
ATV ride activities are also widely available on the island of Bali, scattered in several places. You must examine using Google if you want to try ATV ride activities in Bali.
Bali Elephant Ride
Vacationists also like Bali elephant riding activities. There are two popular locations for elephant riding activities in Bali. Namely at the Bali Safari Marine Park and Elephant ride at Taro Ubud.
Trekking activities in Bali are preferable to international travelers. Meanwhile, most trekking activities are carried out in the northern Bali area, frequently trekking to the natural waterfall. There is also an accessible trekking location in the Ubud area called the Campuhan Ridge Walk.
That is to say, the island of Bali has many scuba diving locations. There are Bali dive spots for beginners and scuba diving spots for advanced divers. Examples of popular dive sites on the island of Bali include;
- Amed & Tulamben.
- Menjangan Island, West Bali.
- Padang Bai.
- Tanjung Benoa & Nusa Dua (dive sites for beginners).
Search Here, “Tanjung Benoa Introductory Scuba Dive Price for Beginners” >>>
Best Terraced Rice Fields To Visit In Bali For First Timers
Besides the white sand beach and natural waterfall, the terraced rice fields scenery is also the main attraction of Bali as a vacation destination.
Most of the area on the island of Bali is in the form of rice fields, especially in the Tabanan regency. However, not all rice fields in Bali have a terraced shape. The popular locations for terraced rice fields on the island of Bali are;
- Jatiluwih rice terraces.
- Sidemen village terraced rice fields.
- Tegalalang rice terrace in Ubud.
Above all, of the three Bali-terraced rice fields above, my favorite is the Jatiluwih Rice Terraces.
Best Natural Waterfall To Visit In Bali For First Timers
There are many natural waterfall attractions on Bali island scattered in many places. Because there are so many waterfall locations on Bali’s island, it is challenging to determine which one is the best waterfall location to visit.
In my opinion, there are two waterfalls on the island of Bali that you must visit, namely;
- Tegenungan waterfall in Gianyar regency. The Tegenungan waterfall location is adjacent to the tourist area of southern Bali. Therefore, if you have a short vacation in Bali and want to see a waterfall, the Tegenungan waterfall is the most recommended place to visit.
- Sekumpul waterfall in Buleleng district. I think Sekumpul Waterfall has the best view of a natural waterfall. However, the Sekumpul waterfall location is in north Bali and far from the southern Bali area.
Best Balinese Hindu Temples To Visit In Bali For First Timers
Where to go in Bali for first-timers who love to see Balinese Hindu temples? Bali island is known as the island of the Gods because it has many Balinese Hindu temples. Of the many Hindu temple attractions on Bali island, there are four Hindu temples in Bali that you must visit.
- Tanah Lot Temple. In Tanah Lot temple, you will see a view of the temple on top of a large rock. Also, the broad foundation lies in the middle of the sea. Besides the Balinese Hindu temple, visitors can even see fantastic sunset views.
- Ulun Danu Temple on the Beratan Lake Bedugul. In Ulun Danu temple, visitors will see a Hindu temple in the middle of a lake with fresh mountain air.
- Uluwatu Temple Bali is the most famous Bali temple attraction and the best place to see the sunset from the cliff’s top. In the Uluwatu temple area, there is a Kecak fire dance performance every 18:00, known as the Uluwatu Kecak Dance.
- Besakih temple, known as the Bali mother temple, is the largest Hindu temple in Bali, located in Karangasem regency.
See here, “List of 10 Most Visited Bali Hindu Temple Attractions” >>>
Interest In Bali Culinary Activities
If you like culinary tourism, then the tourist areas in Bali that you must visit are the Ubud area and Seminyak areas.
Although there are many culinary locations in other tourist areas in Bali, Ubud and Seminyak offer many choices for culinary tourism. Also, you will find many culinary selections from worldwide regions in the Ubud and Seminyak areas.
Bali Seclude Area
Suppose you like a holiday in Bali’s secluded area with a calm atmosphere, no traffic jams, and lower prices. Therefore, please visit the Candidasa, Amed, Tulamben, Singaraja, Sidemen, and northern Ubud areas.
See Here, ”Frequently Ask Questions On Bali Holiday By First-timer” >>>
Want To Stay In Bali Area With Comprehensive Facilities
Where to go to Bali for first-timers to get easy access?
If you are on vacation in Bali, you want easy access to ATMs, places to eat, shopping, transportation, and money changers in Bali. Then it would be best if you chose a place to stay the southern Bali.
For example, the tourist areas of Kuta, Legian, Seminyak, Jimbaran, and Canggu. The tourist area of Ubud also offers very comprehensive tourism facilities, and there are many SPA choices in Ubud.
Find Here, ”Kuta Bali Vacation Guide For First Timer” >>>
Where to go to Bali for first-timers if the main interest is the nightlife? Popular Bali nightlife locations are in the Kuta, Legian, Canggu, and Seminyak areas. In other words, you will easily find discotheques, bars, pubs, and many hangout options in the above field.
Search Here, “Guide to Hangout Places on the Island of Bali” >>>
Bali Family Vacation With Children
Where to go to Bali for first-timers with children and family?
Most tourists who vacation in Bali will be with their families and children, especially Indonesian tourists. The best kid-friendly things to do in Bali during holidays are scattered in many areas in Bali. I have written the guide on another page to make it easier for you to find the best site for family vacations with children.
See Here, “Top 20 Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Bali For Family Holiday” >>>
List of Top Best 20 Places to Visit First-time Traveler To Bali
We wrote the top 20 places to visit for first-time travelers to Bali to provide guidelines and knowledge on traveler attractions in Bali that must be seen that suit the preferences of most visitors.
In addition, we wrote the top 20 places to visit for first-time travelers to Bali based on information from our previous tour package customers and our Bali river rafting customers who are on their first-time vacation to Bali.
1. Melasti Beach Ungasan
Number 1 on the list of tourist attractions that must be visited for the first time in Bali is Melasti Beach Ungasan. Many visitors say that Melasti beach Ungasan is one of the best beaches in Ungasan, which is a solid base of what I see.
Furthermore, Melasti beach Ungasan retains a white sand beach with a slightly rough sand texture. Then the coastal sea waters are apparent, and during the day, you can see gradations of green and blue on the water’s surface. The sea waves on Melasti beach Ungasan are not too big and are still safe for a non-swimmer.
The Melasti Ungasan coastline faces the south side with views of the Indian Ocean. So that Melasti beach is not very suitable for the best location to see sunset views in Bali. In addition, the location of Melasti beach Ungasan is close to Green Bowl beach and Bali’s Pandawa Beach.
The cleanliness of Melasti Beach Ungasan is very well maintained, and the beach area is very organized. I feel that Melasti beach is one of the cleanest beaches in the Ungasan area. In addition, the location of Melasti beach Ungasan is unique because it is behind a high limestone cliff of considerable size.
In the past, Melasti beach Ungasan was one of the hidden beaches in Bali. Due to inadequate access from the cliff-top area to the beach.
Currently, adequate roads are available, so visitors to Melasti Beach Ungasan will easily access the beach using their vehicles. I guarantee that when you vacation in Bali and visit Melasti beach Ungasan, it will amaze you with the panoramic beauty of Melasti beach Ungasan.
Bali Travel Guide To Melasti Beach Ungasan for First Timers
- Location map, Melasti Beach Google Maps.
- The best time to visit is 15:00.
- Vacation duration, 1 – 2 Hours.
- See Here Melasti Beach Ungasan Entrance Ticket Prices.
- Melasti Beach Ungasan is suitable for family vacation destinations with children, honeymoons, or partners.
- Nearby tourist attractions are Garuda Wisnu Kencana Culture Park, Uluwatu Temple, and Pandawa Beach.
2. Ubud Monkey Forest
Ubud attractions are well-known worldwide because Ubud is the center of Bali’s culture and art. Finding a hotel in Ubud is also very easy—from budget hotels to five-star hotels.
You can do many things at Ubud, such as Ayung river rafting, ATV riding, elephant riding, cycling, and overseeing Balinese art. Balinese art can see in Ubud, such as:
- Watch the Ubud Kecak dance.
- Visiting Ubud Royal Palace.
- Shopping for Bali souvenirs at the Ubud art market.
Furthermore, I recommend you visit one tourist spot in Ubud if you are on vacation to Ubud for the first time, namely the Ubud Monkey Forest.
You will see a substantial lush forest area on vacation to the Ubud Monkey Forest. Besides that, you will find many long-tailed gray monkeys in the forest area.
Vacation Guide To Monkey Forest Ubud for First Timers
- Location map, Sacred Monkey Forest Sanctuary Google Maps.
- Opening hours, 09:00 – 17:00.
- The best time to visit is 9:00 am.
- Avoid wearing or carrying valuables, such as earrings and necklaces.
- Vacation duration, 1.5 – 2 Hours.
- See Here Monkey Forest Ubud Entrance Fee.
- Ubud Monkey Forest tourist attractions are suitable for family vacation destinations with children, honeymooners, or mates.
- Nearby attractions are Ubud Royal Palace, Taman Saraswati Temple, Ubud Art Market, and Campuhan Hill For Ridge Walk.
3. Kuta beach
You will know about this tourist attraction by hearing the name of Kuta Bali. Furthermore, Kuta beach is one of Bali’s most famous and popular tourist attractions among visitors. Besides that, Kuta beach is rarely missed by visitors when on vacation to Bali for the first time.
For those of you who are on vacation with children, before visiting Kuta beach in the afternoon, you can visit Waterbom Kuta, which will make your children very happy. You can also take a walk at BeachWalk Shopping Mall, located across from Kuta beach.
Kuta Beach offers a white sand beach that stretches 7 kilometers. The waves on Kuta beach are relatively calm, but you still have to be careful if you want to swim.
There are many things you can do at Kuta beach attractions. Like, playing on the white sand beach, walking, sitting relaxed on the beach, and watching the sunset in the afternoon.
Bali Holiday Guide to Kuta Beach for First Timers
- Location map, Kuta Beach Google Maps.
- Opening hours, 24 hours.
- The best time to visit is 5:00 pm.
- Vacation span, 1.5 Hours.
- There is no entry ticket to Kuta beach; visitors only pay for vehicle parking.
- Kuta beach attractions are appropriate for family vacation destinations with children, honeymoons, or friends.
- Nearby tourist attractions include Beachwalk Shopping Mall, Waterbom Kuta, and Ngurah Rai Airport.
4. ITDC Nusa Dua – Mengiat Beach & Waterblow
The Nusa Dua Bali attraction is located at the southeastern tip of Bali island. It is a five-star resort zone frequently utilized as a venue for international conferences. The area’s name is ITDC Nusa Dua. Within the ITDC Nusa Dua area, you will find several tourist attractions and holiday activities.
It would be best if you visited the following tourist attractions while on vacation to the ITDC Nusa Dua area for the first time.
- Nusa Dua Bali attraction has a white sand beach that is no less beautiful than Kuta beach. One of the most renowned white sand beaches in Nusa Dua is Mengiat beach, Nusa Dua.
- After visiting Mengiat beach, Nusa Dua, you can also take a walk in the Garden of Hope area, Peninsula island. Then you can walk to the Waterblow Nusa Dua area.
- In addition, visitor activities that can be carried out in the Nusa Dua area are watching the Devdan Show art performance.
- Try the camel ride activity on Sawangan beach, Nusa Dua. Sawangan beach, area is further from ITDC Nusa Dua.
Bali Travel Guide to Nusa Dua Attractions for First Timers
- Location map, ITDC Nusa Dua Google Maps.
- Opening hours, 24 hours.
- The best time to visit is 08:00, so it is not too hot.
- Vacation duration, 1 – 2 Hours.
- There is no ticket to enter the ITDC Nusa Dua area and the Mengiat beach area. Visitors only pay vehicle parking fees.
- Meanwhile, to enter the Water Blow Nusa Dua area or watch the Devdan show, there will be an entrance ticket fee.
- Nusa Dua beach resorts are suitable for family holiday destinations with kids, honeymoons, or friends.
- Nearby attractions and activities include Bali Camel Safari, Sawangan beach, paragliding on the Riug cliff, and Geger beach.
5. Seminyak Beach
The Seminyak area will always be the main attraction for those who have never had a vacation in Bali. Things that make travelers curious about taking a break include the availability of international standard luxury boutiques, classy restaurants, and private villa facilities in Seminyak.
Of course, the attraction of Seminyak also has a beach resort, which offers sunset sceneries. In addition, because the stretch of Seminyak beach is very long, residents call each coastline by a different name. Like, Petitenget beach, Mesari beach, Double Six beach, Sarinade beach, Kayu Aya beach.
One of the activities on Seminyak beach travelers, like when they first vacation in Seminyak, is hanging out at one of Seminyak’s beach clubs.
Furthermore, the beach sand in Seminyak is slightly gray, a mixture of white and black sand. Walking on the beach in Seminyak, you will see many beach clubs on the coast. One example is La Planca Seminyak which is located on Mesari beach.
Vacation Guide To Seminyak Beach for First Timers
- Location map, Mesari Seminyak Beach Google Maps.
- Beach opening hours, 24 hours.
- The best time to visit is 5:00 pm, so it’s pretty cool.
- Vacation duration, 1 – 2 Hours.
- There is no entry ticket to the Seminyak beach area; visitors only pay a vehicle parking fee.
- Meanwhile, if you want to hang out at one of the beach clubs, you will have to pay a fee.
- Seminyak beach attractions are suitable for family vacation destinations with kids, honeymoons, or buddies.
- Nearby tourist attractions are Kuta beach, Legian Beach, and Canggu tourist attractions.
Read More, The Best Things To Do In Canggu Bali.
6. Sanur Beach
The initial tourism development in southern Bali started with the Sanur tourist attraction. Sanur is a traveler zone in Bali that must be visited because it is prevalent among sightseers who want a quieter and less crowded traveler area.
The Sanur Bali attraction also offers white sand beaches, but you won’t see the sunset at the Sanur beach. While the sunrise that you will be able to see here.
Calm sea water and unspoiled underwater views make Sanur beach a favorite for travelers to carry out activities called the Sanur seawalker.
The stretch of Sanur’s coastline is long, so the locals give each beach area a different name. Such as: Karang Beach, Sunrise Beach, Merta Sari Beach. Meanwhile, I prefer to visit Karang Sanur beach on leisure to Sanur.
The waves on Karang Sanur beach are very calm, so it is very safe for children to swim.
Sanur Fast Boat Port
Currently, the islands of Nusa Penida and Nusa Lembongan are trending for visits by travelers. Because Nusa Penida Island and Nusa Lembongan Island are separated by sea from mainland Bali, sightseers must cross the ocean to get to Nusa Penida or Nusa Lembongan.
There is a fast boat port north of Pantai Matahari Terbit in Sanur. Visitors will take a speed boat from this port to Nusa Penida or Nusa Lembongan from Bali.
Bali Travel Guide to Sanur Beach for First Timers
- Location map, Karang Sanur Beach Google Maps.
- Location Map, Sanur Pier Google Maps.
- Beach opening hours, 24 hours.
- The best time to visit is 4:30 pm, so it’s pretty cool. If you want to see the sunrise, the best time to visit is around 05:20 in the morning.
- Vacation duration, 1 – 2 Hours.
- There is no entry ticket to the Sanur beach area, and visitors only pay a vehicle parking fee.
- Sanur beach resorts are suitable for family holiday destinations with youngsters, honeymoons, or buddies.
- Nearby visitor attractions, Bajra Sandhi Monument, Denpasar Bali Museum, and Big Garden Corner.
7. Tanjung Benoa Beach
Furthermore, the tourist attractions of Tanjung Benoa are one of the favorite tourist areas for domestic tourists. The reason is in the Tanjung Benoa tourist attraction, and there is a beach called Tanjung Benoa beach.
Tanjung Benoa Beach is the center of marine tourism in Bali, better known as the Tanjung Benoa watersport. The cause of Tanjung Benoa beach is the center of marine tourism because the sea waves are very calm, the waters are shallow, the wind direction is towards the mainland, and the stretch of white sand coastline is very long.
Tanjung Benoa Watersports
Upon your arrival at the Tanjung Benoa beach area, you will immediately see many tourists trying marine tourism games. Apart from that, you will also find many Bali water sports providers on the Tanjung Benoa coastline.
There are many choices of water sports games on Tanjung Benoa beach. However, only three games are favorites for Indonesian tourists, namely;
Holiday Guide to Tanjung Benoa Beach
- Location map, Tanjung Benoa Beach Google Maps.
- Tanjung Benoa beach opening hours, 24 hours.
- Water sports opening hours are from 09:00 – 16:00.
- See, Tanjung Benoa Watersport Prices.
- If you want to try Tanjung Benoa water sports and want a lower price, it’s a suitable thought to book a water sports package because the cost of the Tanjung Benoa watersport package is cheaper.
- The best time to visit is 9:30 am, so it’s not too hot and crowded. If you want to see the sunrise, the best time to visit is around 05:20 in the morning.
- Vacation duration is around 1 – 3 Hours.
- There is no entry ticket to the Tanjung Benoa beach area.
- Tanjung Benoa beach attractions are suitable for family vacation destinations with children, honeymoons, or friends.
- Nearby tourist attractions are Nusa Dua beach, Bali Camel Safari, Sawangan beach, Geger beach Nusa Dua and Paragliding cliff Riug Nusa Dua.
8. Legian Beach
Furthermore, the Legian tourist attraction is very close to the tourist attractions of Kuta beach and Seminyak beach. The tourist area of Legian Bali offers almost the same thing as the tourist attraction of Kuta, and it’s just that Legian beach is quieter compared to Kuta beach Bali.
So, if you want a beach atmosphere similar to Kuta beach but a quieter beach area, visiting Legian beach is a good idea.
Holiday Guide to Legian Beach
- Location map, Legian Beach Google Maps.
- Legian beach’s opening hours are 24 hours.
- The best time to visit is 17:00, so it’s not too hot, and you can see the sunset around 18:00.
- Vacation duration is around 1 – 3 Hours.
- There is no entry ticket to the Legian beach area, and visitors will only pay a vehicle parking fee.
- Legian beach tourist attractions are suitable for family vacation destinations with children, honeymooners, or friends.
- Nearby tourist attractions are Kuta beach, Seminyak Beach, and Canggu tourist attractions.
9. Jimbaran Beach
Jimbaran is one of south Bali’s attractions, which experienced rapid development in 1990. The main attraction of Jimbaran is the white sand beach with the name Jimbaran beach, which is famous for its grilled seafood dishes with Jimbaran Bali spice.
The Jimbaran coastline faces west so that sightseers can catch sunset panoramas in the afternoon. In addition, the stretch of the Jimbaran coastline is very long. The beach is located in the bay area, making the waves on Jimbaran beach very calm and not too deep.
The local community, the hotel, and the owner of Jimbaran beach’s grilled seafood cafe always maintain the beach area’s cleanliness.
In most of the Jimbaran coastline, visitors will notice that there are many grilled seafood cafes, and towards the evening, around 16:00, one by one, the grilled seafood cafes start to open. The thing that always makes travelers interested in having leisure at Jimbaran beach is having a beachside dinner and a menu of grilled seafood while enjoying the atmosphere and views of the sunset.
Holiday Guide to Jimbaran Beach Bali For First Timers
- Location map, Jimbaran Beach Google Maps.
- Jimbaran beach opening hours, 24 hours.
- If you want to see the sunset view and return immediately, the best time to visit is around 5:30 pm. If you want a seat at a grilled seafood cafe on the front side, the best time to visit is around 17:00.
- Vacation duration, 1 – 3 Hours.
- Visitors do not pay for entrance tickets to the Jimbaran beach area; they only pay vehicle parking fees.
- Jimbaran beach attractions are appropriate for family vacation destinations with youngsters, honeymoons, or mates.
- Nearby tourist attractions are Garuda Wisnu Kencana, Ngurah Rai Airport, Kuta Beach, and Balangan Beach.
10. Garuda Wisnu Kencana (GWK Bali)
Garuda Wisnu Kencana culture park, or GWK Bali, is located in the Ungasan area and adjacent to the Jimbaran beach area.
The primary appeal of the Garuda Wisnu Kencana cultural park is the statue of the god Vishnu sitting on the back of the Garuda bird; the statue’s size is very tall and wide.
Furthermore, the Garuda Wisnu Kencana statue is about 75 meters high and 65 meters wide. Below the figure is a building, so the total height of the building added to the statue’s size reaches 121 meters.
Besides seeing the GWK statue, visitors will also be able to see a variety of art performances, one of which is the Balinese Kecak dance performance which starts at 18:00.
Vacation Guide To Garuda Wisnu Kencana Culture Park
- Location map, Garuda Wisnu Kencana Culture Park Google Maps.
- GWK Bali opening hours, 09:00 – 20:00.
- If you want to watch the GWK Kecak dance, it’s a good idea to be at GWK Bali around 16:00. If you don’t like crowds, it’s a good idea to visit GWK Bali in the morning around 09:00.
- Vacation duration, average 3 hours.
- See, Garuda Wisnu Kencana Entrance Ticket Prices.
- It’s a good idea to buy GWK Bali entrance tickets online to reduce the long queues for purchasing entrance tickets at the location. The voucher exchange counter for an entry ticket differs from purchasing a GWK entrance ticket directly on-site.
- Garuda Wisnu Kencana culture park is suitable for family vacation destinations with juniors, honeymoons, or buddies.
- Nearby tourist attractions are Dreamland beach, Balangan Beach, and Pandawa Beach.
11. Tanah Lot Temple
Balinese Hindu Temple beside the Uluwatu Temple, which gets a lot of visits from travelers, is the Tanah Lot temple. The location of Tanah Lot Temple is precisely on the beach in Beraban Village, Kediri District, Tabanan Regency.
Most of our customers on holiday to Bali for the first time either use car rental with drivers in Bali or buy tour packages in Bali that we offer always want to visit the Tanah Lot temple.
The question now is, what is the uniqueness and beauty of Tanah Lot Temple that gets a lot of sightseeing visits?
The unique location of the temple, which is above a large rock, makes many visitors interested in having a vacation to Tanah Lot Temple. Furthermore, the black coral reef area is in the coastal area near the beach. Meanwhile, the rocks and a temple location are in the middle of the sea at high tide.
Furthermore, the location of the Tanah Lot temple beach area faces the southwest side so that from the shoreline, visitors can see the beautiful view of the Tanah Lot sunset. Another uniqueness of the sunset at Tanah Lot is the silhouettes of rocks and temples against the backdrop of a colorful sky.
In addition to the attractiveness, the Tanah Lot temple area provides an extensive vehicle parking area, a Balinese Kecak dance performance in the afternoon, and many tourism support facilities are available.
Holiday Guide to Tanah Lot Temple Bali For First Timers
- Location map, Tanah Lot Temple Google Maps.
- The most suitable time to visit if you want to see the sunset is around 17:00. The finest time to visit if you like a less crowded area is around 07:00.
- The opening hours of the Tanah Lot temple tourist attractions for tourist visits are 06:00 – 19:00. As for praying, it is open 24 hours.
- No dress code to visit the Tanah Lot temple beach area; even though there is no obligation to wear a sarong and shawl, it is still an acceptable idea to wear a sarong.
- The average traveler’s vacation at Tanah Lot temple is around 1.5 hours.
- Tanah Lot Temple Entrance Ticket Prices.
- Adjacent tourist attractions include Taman Ayun Temple, Canggu tourist attractions, and Alas Kedaton Monkey Forest.
12. Uluwatu Temple
Based on our knowledge in providing Bali car rental, tour packages, and Bali river rafting for visitors who are on vacation to Bali for the first time, most of our customers are always interested in having a break at Uluwatu Temple.
The uniqueness and attractiveness of the Uluwatu temple make many tourists interested in visiting it.
- The temple is located on the edge of a high cliff, about 75 meters above sea level.
- The uniqueness of temple architecture is that it looks distinct from other Balinese Hindu temples.
- High cliffs are on the southwest side, so travelers can see views of the Indian Ocean and the beauty of the sunset from the top of the cliff without obstructions.
- There is a performance of the Kecak Fire dance at the Uluwatu Temple with a backdrop of sunset views with an open stage.
- The Uluwatu Luhur temple area is very well organized and clean.
- Before finding the temple area, visitors will enter the forest area. Visitors can see many long-tailed gray monkeys inside the forest area, such as the macaques at Ubud Monkey Forest.
- The extensive vehicle parking area makes it easier for visitors to find a parking space.
Holiday Guide to Uluwatu Temple Bali For First Timers
- Location Map, Uluwatu Temple Google Maps.
- The best time to visit is for sunset views and to watch the Uluwatu Kecak Fire dance at 17:00. Meanwhile, if you prefer a vacation to Bali’s less crowded attractions, then the most reasonable span to see the Uluwatu Temple is in the morning.
- Uluwatu Temple opening hours, 07:00 – 19:00.
- The average duration of a tourist vacation is 55 minutes – 1.5 hours. If you watch the Kecak dance, the time of your holiday will expand.
- Every visitor must wear a sarong and shawl. Then sarongs and shawls are available at the entrance ticket counter, and there is no charge for sarongs and shawls.
- Nearby tourist attractions are Suluban beach Uluwatu, Padang Padang Beach, and Nyang-Nyang Beach Uluwatu.
Guide to Watching the Uluwatu Kecak Dance For First Timers
- The Kecak dance performance at Uluwatu starts from 18:00 – 19:00.
- The Kecak Fire dance performance at Uluwatu Temple is available every day.
- If you want to watch the Uluwatu Kecak dance, you can buy Uluwatu Kecak dance entrance tickets on-site or reserve the Uluwatu Kecak tickets online. See online ticket prices for the Uluwatu Bali Kecak dance.
- Online voucher exchange counters and purchase of Kecak dance entrance tickets at the location open from 17:15. During high season, ticket purchase counters and online voucher redeem counters open earlier, around 16:45.
- The seat selection to watch the Uluwatu Kecak dance is based; on those who enter the stage first will have a greater chance of choosing a seat.
- The queue for purchasing Kecak Uluwatu tickets at the location and exchanging travel agent vouchers is separate.
- Limited Uluwatu Kecak ticket online slots, especially during the high season. It’s an acceptable idea to book Kecak Uluwatu tickets online one day in advance.
13. Bali Bird Park
If you are with your children and family on your first vacation to Bali, it’s a good idea to have a holiday at Bali Bird Park.
When you vacation at the Bali Bird Park, you can see 250 bird species from various regions, both from Indonesia and other nations. Examples of rare birds that you can see at the Bali Bird Park, such as the Bird of Paradise and the Bali Starling.
As a traveler area, Bali Bird Park has adequate tourism support facilities such as restaurants, vehicle parking lots, and toilets.
Vacation Guide To Bali Bird Park For First Timers
- Location Map, Bali Bird Park Google Maps.
- The best time to visit is in the morning when Bali Bird Park opens around 09:00.
- Bali Bird Park opening hours, 09:00 – 17:30.
- The average duration of travelers’ visits to Bali Bird Park is 2 hours.
- See Bali Bird Park Entrance Ticket Prices.
- Adjacent attractions include Bali Zoo, the Barong dance Batubulan, and ATV Ride Activities In Ubud.
14. Bali Zoo
Apart from Bali Bird Park, the island of Bali also offers other kid-friendly and family attractions, including the Bali Zoo. If you are planning a vacation to Bali for the first time, consider taking your kid on vacation to the Bali Zoo.
The main attraction of the Bali Zoo lies in the design and layout that uses an orderly and directed path system. With an organized route for visitors, sightseers on vacation to the Bali Zoo for the first time will be clear about which area to visit.
Besides children being able to see animals, there are also water parks in the Bali Zoo area. A combination of a water park and a zoo will make children feel at home on vacation at the Bali Zoo.
Holiday Guide to Bali Zoo For First Timers
- Location Map, Bali Zoo Google Maps.
- The best time to visit is in the morning when Bali Zoo opens around 09:00.
- Bali Zoo opening hours, 09:00 – 17:00.
- The average duration of visitors’ visits at the Bali Zoo is 2.5 hours.
- See Bali Zoo Entrance Ticket Prices.
- Nearby tourist attractions are Sukawati Art Market, Tegenungan waterfall, and Kemenuh Butterfly Park.
15. Bali Safari Marine Park
Suppose you have more time while on vacation to Bali; it’s a good idea to visit the tourist attractions of Bali Safari & Marine Park. You will need at least 7 hours to enjoy all the facilities and shows in Safari Marine Park.
The edge of Bali Safari Marine Park lies in the vast zoo area, and visitors can see many types of rare animals. Such as white tigers, Komodo dragons, White Starlings, Orang Utans, and Himalayan bears.
In addition, for visitors to see animals freely and safely, visitors will ride a vehicle with a unique design to go around the zoo area. The name of this activity is known as Safari Journey. In addition, in the car, sightseers will be accompanied by a guide explaining each animal sightseers meet.
Bali safari marine park is also open for night activities at the zoo, known as Bali Night Safari.
Guide to Visiting Bali Safari & Marine Park For First Timers
- Location Map, Bali Safari Marine Park Google Maps.
- The best time to visit Bali Safari Marine Park is in the morning when Bali Safari Marine Park opens around 09:00.
- Bali Safari Marine Park opening hours, 09:00 – 17:30.
- The average duration of tourists’ holidays at Bali Safari Marine Park is 6 – 7 hours.
- See Bali Safari Marine Park Entrance Ticket Prices.
- Adjacent tourist spot, Keramas beach.
16. Ulun Danu Beratan Temple
My recommendation is for those of you who are on vacation to Bali for the first time and are interested in seeing the tourist attractions of Balinese temples. Then it would be best if you did not miss visiting the iconic temple attractions of Bali, namely Ulun Danu Beratan Temple Bedugul.
Ulun Danu Temple’s location is on Lake Beratan Bedugul’s shores. The Beratan Bedugul lake area is at an altitude of 1,500 meters above sea level, so sightseers will feel the cool air even if they visit during the day.
The thing that makes Ulun Danu Beratan temple unique is the location of the temple glimpses like it is floating on the surface of the lake water.
Guide to Visiting Ulun Danu Beratan Temple Bali For First Timers
- Location Map, Ulun Danu Temple Beratan Google Maps.
- The best time for you to visit Ulun Danu Beratan Bedugul Temple is in the morning, around 08:00
- Ulun Danu Temple Beratan Bedugul opening hours, 07:00 – 19:00.
- The average vacation duration for tourists at Ulun Danu Beratan Temple is 2 hours.
- Nearby tourist attractions are Bedugul Bali Botanical Garden, Joger Luwus, and Bedugul Bloom Garden.
- See, Ulun Danu Temple on Lake Beratan Bedugul Entrance Fee.
Kintamani attractions are on the northeast side of Ubud attractions. What makes visitors always interested in having a vacation to Kintamani is the cool air, views of Mount Batur, and pictures of Lake Batur. The thing that makes Kintamani have cool air is the location of the Kintamani area is on a plateau approximately 1,450 meters above sea level.
There is a trend among young sightseers who like to hang out at one of the cafes on the edge of the Penelokan Kintamani cliff. Traveler activities include hanging out, taking photos, and chatting with friends, partners, or family.
Holiday Guide to Kintamani Bali For First Timers
- Location Map, Kintamani Google Maps.
- The best time for you to visit Kintamani is in the morning, around 10:00
- The opening hours of Kintamani tourist attractions depend on the places you visit in Kintamani.
- The average duration of tourists’ holidays in Kintamani is around 2-3 hours.
- Adjacent tourist attractions are Penglipuran Village, Toya Devasya, and Tegalalang Rice Terrace.
- See Kintamani Entrance Ticket Prices.
18. Jatiluwih Rice Terrace
Bali attractions are synonymous with views of terraced rice fields. You will quickly locate views of rice fields in most areas of the island of Bali. However, if you want to see a wide size of terraced rice fields, there are two places you must go to, namely the Tegalalang rice terraces Ubud and Jatiluwih terraced rice fields.
The main attraction of a vacation to the Jatiluwih terraced rice fields is the view of the vast terraced rice fields and the cool air, and visitors can take a walk around the rice fields.
Holiday Guide to Jatiluwih Rice Terrace Bali For First Timers
- Location Map, Jatiluwih Rice Terraces Google Maps.
- The best time to visit the Jatiluwih terraced rice fields is in the morning, around 08:30.
- The opening hours of the Jatiluwih Terraced Rice Fields tourist spot are 08:00 – 18:00.
- The average duration of a tourist vacation in the Jatiluwih Rice Terraces is around 1.5 hours.
- Nearby tourist attractions are Tastazoo Tabanan Animal Park, Bedugul Botanical Garden, Ulun Danu Beratan Temple, Penatahan Hot Springs, and Angseri Hot Springs.
- See, Entrance Fee for Jatiluwih Terraced Rice Fields.
19. Penglipuran Village
Next on where to go in Bali for first timers is Penglipuran village.
Most visitors who have their first vacation to Kintamani Bali, after completing their vacation in Kintamani, will head to Penglipuran village. The attractiveness of Penglipuran village as a traveler’s spot is found in the villagers’ houses, which look identical. Also, the village area is spotless, and the house gardens are immaculate.
In addition, Penglipuran village is located at an altitude of 600 meters above sea level, making the air around the traditional village very cool.
Tourism support facilities in Penglipuran Village are also comprehensive, with toilets for visitors and a vast vehicle parking area.
Holiday Guide to Penglipuran Village Bali For First Timers
- Location Map, Penglipuran Village Google Maps.
- The best time to visit Penglipuran Village is in the afternoon, around 16:30.
- Penglipuran Village attractions are open from 08:15 – 18:30.
- The average vacation duration for travelers in Penglipuran Village is around 1.5 hours.
- Nearby tourist attractions are Taman Nusa Bali, Tibumana Waterfall, and Bakas River Rafting.
- See Penglipuran Village Entrance Ticket Prices.
20. Nusa Penida Island
The last one on where to go in Bali for first-timers is Nusa Penida Island. The island of Nusa Penida is the last of the attractions in Bali that must be visited when you first Bali vacation. The Nusa Penida island is separated by the ocean from Bali island and is on the southeast side of Bali.
Bali Holiday Guide to Nusa Penida For First Timers
- The beaches on Nusa Penida.
- How To Get To Nusa Penida From Sanur Bali.
- Is Nusa Penida Worth a Visit?
Transportation Guide – Where To Go In Bali For First Timers
Most travelers who vacation in Bali choose to use private transportation for sightseeing on the island of Bali, such as motorbikes or cars.
Please click the link below if you want more details about Bali travel transportation guides.
Items You Need To Bring
You should bring the following items while on vacation to the island of Bali, especially on vacation to the beach.
- Plastic bag for carrying wet clothes.
- Hand Sanitizer.
Summary Where To Go In Bali For First-Timers
In short, That’s all about where to go in Bali for first-timers. If you are still puzzled about choosing where to go in Bali for first-timers, please write down your question in the comments column below. We will be delighted to help you determine where to visit Bali for your vacation.
Also, if you find the guide article on where to go in Bali for first-timers useful, please share it with your friend or relative on social media.
Read More, ”10 Points To Recognize When Organizing Bali Itinerary” >>>