Previously, I wrote about Ubud traditional art market, and beyond my expectation, it gets respond from the readers, even though is not much but still worthy. Therefore, it encourages me to write other Bali traditional art market which is Sukawati Art Market Gianyar. All items price sold at the art market in Sukawati are at a bargain price, mean no fixed price, and you should not pay with the first price offer by the merchant. So if you have the interest to visit Sukawati Art Market Gianyar during your holiday in Bali, please continue reading this page.
Bahasa Indonesia, “Pasar Sukawati Bali Tempat Membeli Oleh-Oleh Khas Bali” >>>.
Information that you were gone gets regarding Sukawati Art Market Gianyar Bali such as:
- Sukawati art market Gianyar location with map.
- Opening hours of the market.
- Shopping tips.
- Other interesting places located near Sukawati Art Market Gianyar.
Sukawati Art Market Gianyar Location
If you ask me, which art market that gets the most visit by tourist, then the answer is Art Market in Sukawati. For your information, there are two art market at Sukawati and located close to one another. Therefore you need to find out, which art market that you want to visit or you can visit both of the art markets in Sukawati in one day.
While the primary art market in Sukawati, the address located at Jalan Raya Sukawati, district of Sukawati, Gianyar Regency. Please use Google map below to make it easier to find the location.
Guwang art market, the address at Jalan Raya Guwang No.5, Sukawati, Gianyar Regency. Please use Google map below to make it easier to find the location.
I got many questions from customers who stay in Ubud and book Ayung river white water rafting Bali with us, the question is, how far is art market in Sukawati from Ubud? To answer this question is a little bit tricky, due to Ubud is a large area. Therefore, travel distance and time from Ubud to art market in Sukawati, depend on which part of Ubud you stay.
Let say you stay at the hotel close to Monkey Forest Ubud, so you need 30 minutes drive with 15-kilometer distance to get the location of Sukawati traditional market.
Place To Buy Cheap Bali Merchandise
Sukawati market gains the popularity among tourist due to it offer traditional Balinese handicraft, clothes, Balinese painting and silver jewelry, Bali wood carving in low price. Clothes that you can buy Sukawati art market such as a t-shirt with Barong screen printing and Balinese Batik. Also, you can get trouser or beach sarong with the affordable price compared to other places in Bali. Therefore, if you want to give a Balinese merchandise to your friends and family without spending a lot of your travel budget in Bali, then you should visit Sukawati art market.
Also, you can get trouser or beach sarong with the affordable price compared to other places in Bali. Therefore, if you want to give a Balinese merchandise to your friends and family without spending a lot of your travel budget in Bali, then you should visit Sukawati traditional art market.
Besides clothes, in Sukawati traditional art market you can get Balinese painting create by the local painter. While most of the painting sold at art market Sukawati, with natural and abstract painting style. The price for the good pictures is varied and depend on the size of the canvas. My recommendation if you decide to buy Balinese art at Sukawati market, try not to get the frame because it will gain weight on your flight. However, if you do not matter on weighing of your flight, get the frame! I’ pretty sure the painting frame is far away cheaper compare if you buy it in your origin country.
If you are interested in buying Balinese silver jewelry, you also can find it at Sukawati traditional market. However, if you want to visit the best place for silver jewelry, then you should visit Celuk village which located close by with the art market.
To get success full in making a bid, you need to be smart and passion. Below is the list of tips that you can use to bargain at Bali traditional art market.
- Get around the market and do a survey before you decide to buy. While getting around the market, you will notice, there are many merchants sell the same items.
- Ask the price to the retailer and compare the price offer by each merchant on the same items. Be polite when asking a price and don;t make any bargain.
- Give a compliment to the merchant that their item is good, then leave and goes to the other retailer that offer with the same items. Keep doing as above, and you will see one or two merchants will provide you with the lowest price on your items that you want to buy. I know this time consuming, but is your calls.
- After your survey was done and you will notice a merchant that offer the lowest price on the item that you want to by, then start bargaining.
- When bargaining, ask price 70 % less from the first offer price by the merchants. When the dealer starts lowering their price, then is your turn to begin to rise the price bit by bit.
- The most valuable tips for shopping in Sukawati traditional art market if you want to be successful in bargaining. Come early when the art market just open. The art market open from 09:00 am – 17:00 (Bali time). Therefore you need to come by 09:00 am. For your information, there is a Balinese merchant believe, if they successful in creating selling in the morning, it believes by the merchants the whole day selling become successful. These believe called, “Pegarus Dagangan.”
Sukawati Market Opening Hours
- Art Market: 10:00 – 17:00.
- Local Market: 08:00 – 15:00.
Interesting Places Located Near Sukawati Art Market Gianyar
Sukawati’s art market location very strategic due to its close with other exciting holiday places in Bali. Wondering which interesting site that located close to art market in Sukawati? Find out the list below!
1. Bali Zoo Park
Bali zoo park one the best for a family vacation spot. Therefore after buying a souvenir at Sukawati traditional art market, you can continue to visit Bali Zoo Park Gianyar Bali. Estimated travel time from art market to Bali Zoo Park Gianyar, approximately around 15 minutes.
Address: Jalan Singapadu, Sukawati, Gianyar Regency – Bali.
Entrance fee, Adult IDR Rp 321,300 / person, Child with age 2 – 12 years old IDR 208,250 / person.
Bali Zoo Park Opening hours, 09:00 – 17:00.
Google Map Location, https://goo.gl/maps/XYWi66vnV222.
2. Tegenungan Waterfall
If you want to see a natural waterfall after done a shopping Sukawati traditional art market, you can visit the Tegenungan waterfall. From Sukawati market to the location of Tegenungan waterfall, it will take 15 minutes drive.
Address: Jalan Ir. Sutami, Kemenuh village, Sukawati, Gianyar regency – Bali.
Entrance fee, IDR Rp 10,000 / person.
Tegenungan Waterfall Location On Google Map, https://goo.gl/maps/frhcuQZXcbD2.
3. Hidden Canyon Beji Guwang Sukawati
Secret Canyon Beji Guwang Sukawati location, adjacent to the Sukawati traditional market. From the Sukawati Bali art market area, it takes you only 10 minutes to arrive at the secret canyon location of Beji Guwang Sukawati.
The main point of attraction of the hidden canyon Beji Guwang lies in the scenic rock cliffs and the river flow. The height of the rock cliff is approximately 25 meters.
Address: Guwang village, Sukawati, Gianyar regency – Bali.
Entrance fee, IDR Rp 10,000 / person.
Hidden Canyon Beji Guwang Location On Google Map, https://goo.gl/maps/a9F5hc86RWy.
4. Bali Bird Park
If you are traveling with kids after visiting art market in Sukawati, it is recommended to have a visit to Bali Bird Park. Travel time required from Sukawati market to Bali Bird Park location, about 15 minutes drive.
Address: Jalan Serma Cok Ngurah Gambir, Singapadu, Sukawati Disrict, Gianyar regency – Bali.
Entrance fee, IDR 385.000 / person.
Bali Bird Park Location On Google Map, https://goo.gl/maps/Zikj6NDsmJv.