Most travelers who have vacationed in Bali after having a lot of sunbathing will do Bali outdoor adventures. Furthermore, Bali’s island has plenty of outdoor adventures that suit every traveler’s needs. One of the most favorite outdoor adventures is Bali water sports. One of the best Bali water sports you can do is Bali rafting tours, commonly called Bali river rafting. Two rivers in Bali are famous as rafting spots: the Ayung River in Ubud and the Telaga Waja river in Karangasem. The first-timer will need clarification about which river to choose. Therefore, we will write you about the difference between the Telaga Waja River VS Ayung River Ubud on this page. So you can decide on the Bali river that suits your need for Bali white water rafting.
Bahasa Indonesia, Sungai Telaga Waja vs Sungai Ayung Ubud.
Table of Contents[Hide][Show]
Bali Rivers For Rafting Trips
Bali island retains several rivers that deliver exciting and challenging rafting ventures. Here are some of the most suitable rivers for rafting trips in Bali:
While there are three main white water rivers in Bali used for white water rafting and there are:
- Ayung River – Located in Ubud, Ayung River is one of the most renowned rivers for rafting in Bali. The river has Class II and III rapids, making it appropriate for beginners and experienced rafters.
- Telaga Waja River is located in Karangasem regency East Bali and holds Class III and IV rapids. The rapids are more demanding than the Ayung River, making them appropriate for experienced rafters.
- Melangit River is located in Bakas Village, Klungkung regency, and is excellent for those seeking a more secluded rafting adventure. The river has Class II and III rapids and offers stunning views of the Balinese countryside.
Read More, 5 Things Need To Know About Bali River Rafting Tours.
The Traveler favors two Rivers
However, only two rivers are most favored by the visitor to do white water rafting in Bali. The rivers are the Telaga Waja River in Karangasem and the Ayung River in Ubud.
Your questions now! Bettwen Telaga Waja River VS Ayung River Ubud, which one of the two rivers is best for my white water rafting trip in Bali?
Which one is better between the Telaga Waja River and VS Ayung River? It is difficult to answer.
When we asked our customers who wanted to book Bali river rafting about the river, some of our clients said the Telaga Waja river is the best. However, some of our customers stated that the Ayung river in Ubud is better than the Telaga Waja river. Therefore, each person has their own opinion about the two rivers.
We will not say one river is better on this page of Telaga Waja River VS Ayung River. However, we will write the pros and cons of each river. So you can decide which one is better for your Bali rafting adventure.
Read More, Best River Rafting In Bali For Kids.
Telaga Waja River Pros & Cons
Furthermore, the Telaga Waja River for river rafting trips offers 16 kilometers in length. Therefore, you will need 2,5 hours to finish all the rafting routes at Telaga Waja River. The Telaga Waja River location is in Karangasem regency, on Bali Island’s east side.
Find out more detail: ”Telaga Waja River Karangasem Bali” >>>
Pros Telaga Waja River
Telaga Waja River is one of Bali’s most favored and best rivers for rafting. Here are some of the pros of Telaga Waja River:
- Longer rafting route: Telaga Waja River offers a longer rafting route than other rivers in Bali, which means more time on the river and more rapids to conquer. The length of the course is around 16 kilometers, which is the longest Bali white water rafting track.
- 2,5 hours rafting trips are needed to finish the 16-kilometer course.
- Easy access from the lobby to the river rafting starting point with a few stairs. Therefore, suitable rafting locations for those who don’t want to step down plenty of stairs to get to the river edge from the lobby.
- Some Telaga Waja rafting companies provide flying fox rides to the river edge from the lobby for an additional fee.
- Compelling rapids: The river has several challenging Class II, III, and IV rapids, which make the rafting venture thrilling and exciting for experienced rafters. For more details about the rafting rapids class, click white water rafting rapids class.
- Beautiful scenery: The Telaga Waja River flows through lush green forests, rice paddies, and bamboo groves, offering stunning views of Bali’s natural beauty. Also, the river location is far from the city, offering fresh air with less pollution.
- Suitable for all levels: While the rapids are challenging, Telaga Waja River is still ideal for beginners and experienced rafters who want a combination of sports and recreation. The operators supply safety gear, including helmets and life jackets, and trained guides to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience.
- Cultural experience: The river courses past several Balinese villages, letting travelers encounter Bali’s unique culture and traditional way of life.
- Accessible area: Telaga Waja River is in East Bali, effortlessly accessible from popular traveler destinations like Ubud, Sanur, Canggu, Kuta, Jimbaran, and Seminyak.
Find Here, How Difficult Is Telaga Waja River Rafting Bali?
Cons Telaga Waja River
Besides the pro, there are also some possible cons to consider. Here are some of the cons of Telaga Waja River:
- Some area of the Telaga Waja river has shallow water.
- Crowded during peak season in Bali: Telaga Waja River is a famous destination for rafting in Bali, and during high season, it can get overcrowded, making the venture less satisfying.
- It is a long drive to the locations from the southern part of Bali, where most Bali travelers stay. You will need 1 hour and 40 minutes to get to the sites of Telaga Waja rafting from Sanur Bali.
- Long drive: Telaga Waja River is in Karangasem regency East Bali, a long drive from popular traveler destinations like Kuta, Legian, Canggu, and Seminyak. Some people who choose to stay in the southern Bali area are concerned about long trips to the Telaga Waja River because they don’t have enough time.
- Risk of injury: River rafting is an adventurous and exhilarating sport, but there is constantly a risk of injury if safety standards are not obeyed. Therefore, it’s crucial to select a reputable Bali river rafting operator and listen carefully to the guide’s safety instructions.
- Telaga Waja river classifications with rapids class with level II-IV, so participants who want a relaxing rafting trip will not appreciate the Telaga Waja river.
Read More, 6 Favorite Things About Telaga Waja Rafting.
Ayung River Pros & Cons
Furthermore, the Ayung River location is at Ubud, one of Bali’s best places. The Ayung route for river rafting offers a 10 kilometers course, and you will need 1,5 – 2 hours rafting durations.
Find out more: ”Ayung River Rafting Ubud Bali” >>>
Pros Ayung River
- Accessible area: Ayung River is in Ubud, a famous traveler destination in Bali and easily accessible from other popular sites. The Ayung River location is close to the central Ubud area. Therefore, after rafting, participants can visit Monkey Forest Ubud, Tegalalang Rice Terrace, and other Ubud attractions.
- Suppose you stay in Ubud during a holiday in Bali. In that case, you only need 20 minutes to drive to get to Ayung River locations.
- Appropriate for all skill levels: The river has international rapid class grade II-III, making it ideal for beginners and experienced rafters.
- Scenic beauty: Ayung River flows through the heart of Bali’s jungle, offering breathtaking views of lush green forests, waterfalls, and rice paddies. Also, the Ayung river offers fantastic scenery with stone carvings in some areas of the river walls.
- Family-friendly adventures: Ayung River is a family-friendly activity, with operators offering kid-sized paddles, life jackets, and trained guides to ensure the safety of children. Therefore, Ayung Rafting is suitable for recreational river rafting.
- Cultural experience: The river flows past several Balinese villages in Ubud, permitting travelers to see Bali’s unique culture and traditional way of life in Ubud.
- Varied tour choices. Several tour alternatives are obtainable for Ayung River rafting, including morning and afternoon trips. Also, combination tours include other activities like cycling or a visit to a coffee plantation.
Read More, 6 Favourite Things Of Ayung River Rafting Tour.
Cons Ayung River
Besides the pros, there are also some potential cons to consider. Here are some of the cons of Ayung River Ubud:
- Challenging access. Rafting participants require a steep hike down on a long stairway from the lobby area to the river starting point. Also, participants need a tough climb back through up long stairs from the rafting finish point to the restaurant area.
- Not as thrilling as Telaga Waja River Rafting. Therefore, people who look for exciting river rafting in Bali will not like Ayung River Ubud.
- Shorter river rafting route. Ayung River delivers a shorter rafting course than other rivers in Bali. Indicating less time on the river and more occasional rapids to conquer. The short distance of the rafting route makes some rafting participants feel the trip duration is too quick.
- Crowded with tourist visits during peak season. Ayung River is a favored destination for river rafting and during the high season. Therefore, it can get congested, causing the experience to be less satisfying.
Read More, Frequently Asked Questions About Bali River Rafting.
Conclusion On Telaga Waja River VS Ayung River
Telaga Waja River and Ayung River are Bali’s most famous rafting destinations. Here are some primary differences between them:
- Location: Telaga Waja River is located in Karangasem regency, East Bali, while Ayung River is located in Ubud, Central Bali. If you want a Bali rafting tour more in terms of recreational adventures, don’t spend time in the car if you stay in the southern part of Bali, like the Kuta or Seminyak area, and love to see the beautiful scenery. Then Ayung Rafting Ubud is your choice for white water rafting in Bali.
- Water level: Telaga Waja River has a higher water level than the Ayung River, making it a more challenging and thrilling rafting adventure.
- Rapids: Telaga Waja River has more rapids than Ayung River, totaling 28. Ayung River has around ten rapids. Suppose you want a thrilling rafting adventure in Bali, a long-distance Bali white water rafting route, and don’t want to climb the stair to get to the rafting starting points. Then Telaga Waja Rafting is the river that you should choose.
- Scenery: Both rivers offer a spectacular view, whereas Ayung River is surrounded by lush greenery and rice paddies. At the same time, the Telaga Waja River flows through a deep valley with towering cliffs.
- Duration: The rafting experience in Telaga Waja River is longer. Lasting around 2.5 hours, while the Ayung River rafting experience lasts approximately 2 hours.
- Crowd: Ayung River is more popular and crowded than Telaga Waja River, as it is more touristy.
Telaga Waja River VS Ayung River, which is better?
So Telaga Waja River VS Ayung River, which is better? It is dependent on your requirements. Both rivers have pros and cons, and now it is up to you to choose.
Telaga Waja River is ideal for adventure seekers seeking a more demanding and thrilling rafting experience. At the same time, Ayung River is perfect for those who desire a more relaxed rafting adventure surrounded by lush greenery.
Finally, both rivers offer stunning scenery and are worth trying for a fun and unique Bali adventure.
The Best Rafting Company On Each River
After deciding which river to choose for Bali rafting adventures, Telaga Waja River and Ayung River Ubud, you should know the best rafting company on each river.
For your information, we have tried every rafting company we provide on our website. Below is the best company on each white water river base on our experience.
- Consequently, the best rafting companies at Telaga Waja River are Sobek Rafting Telaga Waja and BMW Telaga Waja Rafting. Due to Sobek Bali and BMW rafting, their Bali rafting price is considered value for your money.
- The best rafting company at Ayung river Ubud is Bali Mason Adventure Rafting—the five-star rafting company in Ubud. Therefore, if the Bali rafting price does not matter, you should choose Bali Mason Adventure Rafting Ubud.